Creating a Compelling Cover Letter for Your Resume or CV
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 5 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Compose, update, and customize succinct, effective, and highly-persuasive 3-4 paragraph modern job application cover letters that showcase and highlight skills and career achievements.
- All you need for this course is a word processor you feel comfortable editing and working with documents in and a PDF viewer to read some of the supplemental materials included with the course.
Learn the basic format, principals, concepts, and trends you will need to master the modern job application cover letter. Complete with examples, discussions, and resources to help you take your cover letter to the next level.
Write attention-grabbing cover letters for your job applications with this specialized course for career-minded professionals looking to get ahead in their chosen field.
- Understand the different types of recruiters you’ll encounter
- Learn what goes where and why
- See first-hand how to do it all in four short paragraphs
- Keep up to date on the latest trends and techniques within the job market
Cut through the noise with a masterfully crafted cover letter
Understanding what different types of recruiters are looking for and where they expect to see it lets you easily tailor custom cover letters that stand out from competing applicants – no matter how fierce the competition.
Each year the job market becomes at the same time more fragmented and global. Get the competitive edge you need to secure that all-important interview with a comprehensive course that covers every aspect of your cover letter from the first line to the last.
"Clark made me realise how much my job application documents could be improved by explaining important concepts about how the recruitment world works and how quickly a recruiter reads these documents. Even when you think your application is ready to go, Clark will point out things that can be improved." – Martín Alexanco
“Clark helped me realize that customizing my cover letter each time I send it out is not only absolutely necessary, but not as time consuming as you’d think, if you just follow his advice.” – Marjan Ghorbanian
Content and Overview
More than 11 lectures provide over an hour of content highlighting everything you need to know about cover letters. This includes the different types of recruiters you’ll need to appeal to when sending out your cover letter, the different paragraphs within your cover letter and what should go in them, the format you should use, and all the other things you’ve wanted to know about cover letters but never knew who to ask.
You’ll learn what kind of content to include, how to highlight your achievements, the proper way to begin and sign off a cover letter, and more. Everything you need to understand from the focus and purpose to the execution of tiny details is covered, including who to address your cover letter to, how to ask for an interview, and the best way to start your first paragraph.
Included besides the 11+ lectures are valuable reference resources on S.T.A.R. Achievements, Different Types of Recruiters, Up-to-date Tips and Best Practices, and even an example cover letter to give you as much confidence as possible.
Once you’ve completed the course, you’ll be able to quickly assess listings and your resume to understand what you should include, identify what should go in each paragraph in your cover letter, and have far greater insight into seeing your cover letter through the eyes of potential recruiters.
- Anyone who is currently in the job market and has a basic understanding of what a resume/CV and job application cover letter do can for them will get the most out of this course. If you have no experience to the modern job market, some of this information may be too advanced, but the course still makes a good starting place. If you are highly skilled with modern cover letters and have no problem locking down job interviews, you probably don’t need this course at this time.
A brief introduction to the course and how I acquired my expertise in English and Job Application materials.
An in-depth discussion of the types of recruiters you'll likely be writing to when composing a modern cover letter including key information on what drives their reading, what they are looking for, and how to avoid annoying them. Includes PDF helping you decide which type of recruiter to which you are likely trying to appeal.
Best practices for keeping your cover letter up to date and quickly customizing it so that it excels at standing out from the crowd and catching the attention of your potential employer without having to write a new letter from scratch each time you find a new job you are interested in.
Some last minute advice on how to start doing the things in your career right now that will build your resume and cover letter with compelling and relevant content that helps you stand out from similarly qualified candidates.