Creating a Compelling Cover Letter for Your Resume or CV
What you'll learn
- Compose, update, and customize succinct, effective, and highly-persuasive 3-4 paragraph modern job application cover letters that showcase and highlight skills and career achievements.
- All you need for this course is a word processor you feel comfortable editing and working with documents in and a PDF viewer to read some of the supplemental materials included with the course.
Learn the basic format, principals, concepts, and trends you will need to master the modern job application cover letter. Complete with examples, discussions, and resources to help you take your cover letter to the next level.
Write attention-grabbing cover letters for your job applications with this specialized course for career-minded professionals looking to get ahead in their chosen field.
- Understand the different types of recruiters you’ll encounter
- Learn what goes where and why
- See first-hand how to do it all in four short paragraphs
- Keep up to date on the latest trends and techniques within the job market
Cut through the noise with a masterfully crafted cover letter
Understanding what different types of recruiters are looking for and where they expect to see it lets you easily tailor custom cover letters that stand out from competing applicants – no matter how fierce the competition.
Each year the job market becomes at the same time more fragmented and global. Get the competitive edge you need to secure that all-important interview with a comprehensive course that covers every aspect of your cover letter from the first line to the last.
"Clark made me realise how much my job application documents could be improved by explaining important concepts about how the recruitment world works and how quickly a recruiter reads these documents. Even when you think your application is ready to go, Clark will point out things that can be improved." – Martín Alexanco
“Clark helped me realize that customizing my cover letter each time I send it out is not only absolutely necessary, but not as time consuming as you’d think, if you just follow his advice.” – Marjan Ghorbanian
Content and Overview
More than 11 lectures provide over an hour of content highlighting everything you need to know about cover letters. This includes the different types of recruiters you’ll need to appeal to when sending out your cover letter, the different paragraphs within your cover letter and what should go in them, the format you should use, and all the other things you’ve wanted to know about cover letters but never knew who to ask.
You’ll learn what kind of content to include, how to highlight your achievements, the proper way to begin and sign off a cover letter, and more. Everything you need to understand from the focus and purpose to the execution of tiny details is covered, including who to address your cover letter to, how to ask for an interview, and the best way to start your first paragraph.
Included besides the 11+ lectures are valuable reference resources on S.T.A.R. Achievements, Different Types of Recruiters, Up-to-date Tips and Best Practices, and even an example cover letter to give you as much confidence as possible.
Once you’ve completed the course, you’ll be able to quickly assess listings and your resume to understand what you should include, identify what should go in each paragraph in your cover letter, and have far greater insight into seeing your cover letter through the eyes of potential recruiters.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is currently in the job market and has a basic understanding of what a resume/CV and job application cover letter do can for them will get the most out of this course. If you have no experience to the modern job market, some of this information may be too advanced, but the course still makes a good starting place. If you are highly skilled with modern cover letters and have no problem locking down job interviews, you probably don’t need this course at this time.
Writer, Editor, Creative Consultant specialized in English composition and content development for businesses, websites, and artistic personalities.
Worked as a tutor to international business professional and students alike on English, writing, and language.
Over 7 years of experience serving clients from around the globe on writing related projects of all kinds and sizes. Particularly focused in providing English expertise for international businesses, crowdfunding content creation, and technology-related writing.
Sole developer of International Business English (IBE) Udemy courses focused on teaching international businessmen and women stronger competencies in key areas of business English in order to better compete in native English-speaking markets.