- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Without reading notes, describe a Gantt chart, say / write why and how it was invented, what needs it satisfies
- Know and choose the appropriate open source software: for local use or web-based / individual or in team
- Produce and share a mental map as a brainstorming tool (mindmup)
- List 5 subsequent tasks and sub-tasks by applying "top / down" thinking to stratify tasks into subtasks: in this case a cake recipe
- Use the free open source software "Gantt Project" with a practical case: European project Erasmus KA2
- Regularly update the diagram: check, act, inform
- Communicate the progress of a project to stakeholders in real time
- you have to download and install the GanttProject open source software
- you should be curious and open minded :-)
The objective of this training course is to enable beginners and intermediate project developers to create and update a Gantt chart or diagram in real time to manage a complex project and share real-time progress of tasks and subtasks. More and more European Programs ask when a project is filed that a Gantt chart is part of the supporting documents. It will prove the correct planning of the tasks over the duration of the project.
Mental map, mind map
Work breakdown structure (WBS), project breakdown structure
Resources included in the course:
21 videos including presentations, commented slideshows or screencasts
Links to wikipedia, "mindmup", "Freeplane" and "Gantt Project" software
Images of mental maps
The course is divided into four main parts:
Understand the Gantt chart: history, software
Construct the diagram: the staircase method, the mental map, the logical network
Install and use the "Gantt Project" software
Why take this course?
The Gantt chart, although simple to understand, can be difficult to implement in a complex project if it is not properly and exhaustively "thought" upstream.
In this simple and easy to learn course, you will learn step by step how to "decomplex" and demystify this diagram to transform it into a real project management tool!
- This course is intended for project managers wishing to acquire a simple and efficient method (the "staircase method", the mental map) to construct several Gantt diagrams and manage a complex project
- This course is for those who want to learn how to use the open source software "GanttProject"
- This course is not for experienced project managers already familiar with commercial project management software
Installing the Project Gantt open source software easily.
First things first: creating a new project and understanding its settings.