The Speech Writer's Guide: Mastering the Craft
What you'll learn
- 1. What are the various steps involved in speech writing process?
- 2. What are the various sources from where we can gather information about the topic?
- 3. Why should we carefully use humor in our speech?
- 4. How and why should we rehearse our speech?
- 5. Why speech writing is different from any other piece of written communication?
- 6. Why is it essential to understand your audience in the speech writing process?
- The learners should have the desire to learn and improve their skills in speech writing.
1. What is the meaning of speech writing?
2. Why is speech writing different from any other written communication?
3. What is meant by Informative speech?
4. What is the purpose of a persuasive speech?
5. How can we entertain the audience in an entertaining speech?
6. What is the meaning of inspirational speech?
7. When do we deliver a commemorative speech?
8. Name a few occasions on which a special occasion speech is delivered?
9. What is meant by demonstrative speech?
10. What are the various steps involved in the speech writing process?
11. Before writing a speech, we should be aware of the purpose of the speech. Why?
12. Give a brief description of several purposes of speech?
13. What is the purpose of an inspirational speech?
14. Why it is essential to understand your audience in the speech writing process?
15. We may have different people to address in different situations. Give some examples.
16. We should gather demographic information about our audience. What is meant by demographic information?
17. While writing a speech, we should consider the occasion. Why?
18. While writing a speech, we should choose a clear topic. Why?
19. We should choose a topic that we are passionate about. Why?
20. While writing a speech, we should choose a topic that is unique. Why it is so?
21. Why should we conduct research to gather information about the topic?
22. We should use reputable sources of information to gather information. List a few of them.
23. Why should we evaluate our sources of information?
24. When we gather information, we should take detailed notes. Why?
25. Why should we outline our speech?
26. What are the various tips for outlining our speech?
27. While writing a speech, we should use transitions. What is the purpose of transitions?
28. Why should we change the structure of our sentences in speech?
29. We should carefully use humor in our speech. Why?
30. What is the purpose of the use of evidence in speech writing?
31. Why should we rehearse our speech?
32. We should time ourselves during our rehearsals. What is the purpose of the same?
33. While doing practice, we should visualize our success. Why?
34. How can we engage with our audience during a speech?
35. We should speak naturally during speech. What is the benefit of the same?
Who this course is for:
- Students, Professionals in various fields (such as business, politics), Public speakers, Speech writers, and individuals interested in self-improvement
This channel is purely education based. Our aim is to ensure that the students are able to understand each and every question in an easy way. We take pride in providing quality educational services to the students of Class VII to Class XI Science NCERT, English, Computer solutions, Mathematics, Business Studies & Economics. Our goal is to help the leaders of tomorrow to learn to succeed today.