Mastering the Art of Creative Photo Bookmaking
What you'll learn
- Create impressive digital photo books using a range of simple-to-follow design, layout, retouching and editing processes
- Be able to choose the most suitable bookmaking software for any project
- Understand how to best use different fonts, font styles and font families
- Enhance your front covers using drop shadows and (free) custom fonts
- Understand the differences between book themes, styles and paper options
- Get to know the basics of colour calibration
- Learn how relatively easy it is to use affordable editing software
- Master basic photo editing techniques to achieve picture pefection
- Have a clear idea of the book topic before you start class
- As there are several lectures that rely on your using a photo editing software program, I'd advise your downloading a freebie editor off the internet (if you don't already use one). Picasa is one good, cross platform editor, as is Apple Photos and Adobe Photoshop Elements (the last can be downloaded for a month's trial)
- You will need to download a bookmaking software program. Most of the lessons are based around an excellent, free, cross-platform application called Blurb Booksmart
A digital picture book is one of the best ways to profile your fabulous photographic hobby. This course highlights, in easily achievable steps, how to get the best possible [printed] results with standard bookmaking software specifically with: simple photo editing techniques, good design and page layout ideas, plus creative use of fonts, text and picture effects.
In fact, everything you need to produce a professional-looking coffee table book worthy of any notable photographer.
Mastering the Art of Creative Photo Bookmaking comprises more than five hours of easy-to-follow instructional videos, plus a mix of information-rich documents and quizzes.
Everything you need to make impressive-looking photo books that will be the envy of your family, friends and colleagues...
Who this course is for:
- This class is ideally suited for beginners wanting to create beautiful-looking photo books
- The class is taught in an easy-to-understand format using basic techniques, and simple software to achieve professional results
- Though initially targetting beginners, these resources can be easily extended to take your bookmaking design skills to a far higher level of creative profficiency
Like a few others involved in the industry, I’m in the enviable position of combining my life’s passion, photography, with my job. And, even though I spend too much time in front of a computer, it remains one of the best occupations in the world…
Born in the UK, I’ve spent more than half my life in Sydney. I began work in Australia as a cameraman in the audio-visual business, then as a freelance photographer. In the nineties I worked as a contributing freelance writer for several photo publications, then as a full-time magazine editor for more than eight years. In 2000 I started my own publishing business producing Australia’s best-selling specialist digital photo techniques publication: Better Digital Camera magazine.With this I aggressively pursued the goal of producing clear, well-illustrated information written in simple English and continued to develop this plain-speaking style in another specialist magazine, Better Photoshop Techniques.
I have also written a number of software-centric books including Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020 for Packt Publishing (available through Amazon).
Nowadays I mostly write, teach and run specialist small group photo tours to photo-centric locations in Africa, Japan, Iceland, Ethiopia, Madagascar and Cuba.
When not travelling I run photo workshops, teach digital photography, video and post-production classes online and in face-to-face classes locally through Sydney University.