Social Skills for Entrepreneurs
What you'll learn
- Discover four personality traits that build or block our ability to connect and understand others
- Examine your beliefs that bind or build our ability to connect with others
- Discover & practice 4 key skills that will help you connect to self and engage with others
- Keep an open mind
- Remember its good to be able to laugh at ourselves
- Remember we often have very different perspectives and gifts
- Remember sometimes its us, sometimes it’s them! Sometimes It’s neither!
The program was developed to introduce those high in analytical skills to people skills.
- Social skills are important for career success and job search
- Emotional skills are vital for both happiness and career productivity.
- Discover 4 personality traits we need to understand and respect in self and others
- Uncover how to connect with each personality trait
- Learn how to develop friendships
- Four key skills to help you engage and connect with others
Who this course is for:
- If dealing with others often feels awkward
- If others think you fit into the Big Bang Show!
- If your job search is being blocked because you don’t get it!
- If you have you been passed over for a raise or promotion
- Don't take this course if you’re more like Penny then Sheldon on BIG Bang Theory
- Don't take this course if you’ve been told you’re the life of the party!
Scott Paton has been podcasting since the spring of 2005. He has executive produced and/or co-hosted over 45 podcasts. An internationally renowned speaker, Scott has presented to audiences from London, England to Sydney, Australia, from Vancouver, BC to New York, NY, from LA to Rwanda. Thousands of entrepreneurs and NGO's have changed their public engagement strategies based on Scott's sharing. We hope you will, too!
Scott has over 500,500 students from 199 countries taking at least one of his 100+ courses.
Scott joined Udemy in 2013. In late 2014, one of his clients inspired him to make a video course on Podcasting. He revisited Udemy and got very excited at the potential. After his course went live, Scott told his clients and many decided to make courses but needed help, so he has become a co-instructor with them, while continuing to support and build his own courses. His co-topics all include areas of life-long learning by Scott, including Stock Option Trading, Alternative Health, EFT, and Relationships.
Michael Ballard has presented to audiences and consulted with groups from Bermuda to Singapore and coast to coast to coast in North America as an internationally renowned speaker. Thousands of people have deepened their personal and professional ability to thrive using the process and skills he teaches. In the process they've learned how to deal with life's BIG Stuff issues based on the expertise Michael enjoys sharing on resilience. He hopes you will, too!
Michael has appeared in over 201 media interviews across North America on resiliency. He has also executive produced over 30 programs and hosted over 30 video interviews on those impacted by life’s BIG Stuff events. In his online school he has students in over 162 countries.
Michael learned quite a bit about thriving through resilience while facing adversity, anxiety and severe stress during his 7 year battle with three challenges to his life while fighting cancer, multiple treatments, setbacks and victories. He enjoys upbeat and insightful coffee, conversations, puns, biking, hiking, photography and snorkelling.
Research published this year by Harvard and Stanford Business Schools suggests that health problems associated with job-related anxiety account for more deaths each year in the US than Alzheimer’s disease or diabetes. It is likely that the same is true in the UK.
The combination of the Amazon story and the recent study into the impact of work-related stress means that there are important questions that all organisations should ask themselves.
These include: What type of management culture do we foster? What informal conflict management techniques do we offer to foster healthy workplace relationships? What are we doing to enable people at work to enjoy their jobs and thrive, both psychologically and physically?
Scott teaches non-violent communication techniques that help managers live healthier productive lives.