Mastering Techniques of Time Management
What you'll learn
- This course is a compendium of all the courses in the Techniques of Time Management series.
- The course includes a comprehensive study of proven time management techniques, including managing time during meetings.
- Students explore fundamental time management techniques that can be applied immediately to improve productivity and leave more time for fun!
- By the end of this course students will be able to:
- • Uncover time management pitfalls, and construct a plan to overcome them
- • Create achievable goals using SMART goal system
- • Estimate task duration using basic scheduling techniques
- • Examine multiple methods to prioritize tasks
- • Get to the root cause of time sinks
- • Master methods to delegate
- • Manage your boss
- • Deal with interruptions
- • Solve e-mail time wasters
- • Create calendars to achieve goals
- • Lead or facilitate an effective meeting
- • Create an effective agenda
- • Execute shorter and more productive meetings
- • Build consensus at meetings
- • Prevent indecision at meetings
- • Effectively brainstorm
- • Manage problem behavior or conflict during meetings
- • Lead meetings that are less boring, more engaging
- There are no prerequisites, students should be ready to transform their time management habits! Students should set aside time to focus on the material so the techniques can be applied immediately.
Welcome to Techniques of Time Management series. Let me be the first to congratulate you on taking control of your time!
Time management is a skill that can be learned.
Introduction to Techniques of Time Management is a collection of the foundational techniques for time management. This class is meant to be a practical guide to improving your time management skills. Students will build a personal time management action plan.
You can expand your knowledge by taking the next class Techniques of Time Management, which covers even more techniques including a special section on managing your boss. Students will build a robust personal time management strategy.
Managing Magnificent Meetings focuses on managing effective meetings. The class focuses on why organizations need meetings, and why people hate them. The class details group dynamics as it applies to meetings and gives practical tips on how to effectively facilitate a meeting to include dealing with conflict and indecision. The class is designed to give students techniques that can be applied immediately to facilitate meetings people look forward to attending!
Finally, you can become a time management maven by taking Mastering Techniques of Time Management which is a compendium of all the courses. The Master class includes a comprehensive review of time management techniques including how to manage time during meetings.
Who this course is for:
- • Students interested in discovering time management pitfalls and constructing a plan to overcome them • Students who wish to become proficient in a multitude of time management techniques • Students who wish to be empowered to take control of their time and their life • Students who wish to be competent and successful, not overwhelmed and stressed • Students who want to be confident leading or facilitating an effective meeting • Students who wish to be empowered to take control of their meetings, including handling conflict and indecision • Students who wish to lead meetings that are better than anything that could have been done with an e-mail
I am trained as an engineer, receiving both a bachelors and master’s degree in civil engineering. I am a licensed engineer and a certified project management professional. I spent most of my career managing large projects or working as a program manager overseeing a portfolio of projects. I am currently working as a senior manager, managing over 100 employees.
I decided to put this class together for a couple of reasons. First and most important, I enjoy helping people reach their goals. Second, I really LOVE this stuff... I have always had a deep interest in making processes more efficient. Last, I hate wasting time! I like to get my stuff done so I can go out and have fun.
Helping people reach their goals is the best part of my job, and I am thrilled to help students improve their lives using my unique Life Map© technique.
Time management is a skill that can be learned. We don’t learn time management techniques in school, most scientists and engineers that I have worked with have had no formal time management training. This explains why many people feel so overwhelmed. I have spent years collecting articles, reading books, taking training, and studying the available research on time management and productivity in order to improve my own work life and maintain a work life balance. I incorporated all of this research into my classes.
Every day, I see people suffering from stress and burnout trying to get it all done, some of this stress could be avoided with better techniques of time management. If you are one of these stressed out people, I dedicate this class to you!
I have found the use of these techniques to be life changing and I hope you will as well. I hope you enjoy the class and would welcome any feedback.