Mastering Still Life Painting in Oils or Acrylics
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 14 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Progress from the basics and enjoy painting still life with confidence!
- Learn an easy palette setup for still life painting.
- Learn how to setup a still life and light it beautifully.
- Learn how to see and paint shadow and light families.
- Learn how to overcome the tricks your eyes play on you!
- Learn how to paint realistic form using light and shade.
- Learn how to match any colour.
- Learn how to use lost and found edges for beautiful effects.
- Learn artists techniques for drawing accurately.
- Learn how to block in the big shapes first, to get on the right track.
- Learn how to create realistic three dimensional form.
- Learn what's good about painting on a toned canvas.
- Learn how to make a painting GLOW with vibrant colour!
- Learn the importance of grey colours.
- Learn how to see and paint white objects (they're not actually white!)
- Learn how to start a painting with masses instead of lines. This is great!
- Learn the subtle 'make and break' technique for beautiful highlights.
- Learn all of this and much more in this top rated course with popular New Zealand artist and teacher Richard Robinson.
- To want to paint!
- A basic set of oils or acrylics, brushes and some canvas or board to paint on.
Join popular New Zealand artist Richard Robinson for his Complete Still Life Painting Course. Paint along step by step, starting with the basics of seeing and painting a single pear and gradually building your skills and confidence as you progress through 4 levels of painting challenges to finally master the professional techniques and concepts used by artists for great still life painting.
Enjoy Richard's easy teaching style and in depth demonstrations like thousands of his students have, all over the world. If you love impressionistic, richly coloured painting or want to learn to love it, this course is for you!
- Beginner and intermediate painters love this course because it starts with basic skills and moves to more advanced techniques and concepts one step at a time.
- Advanced painters can use this course to discover the impressionistic techniques of Richard Robinson.
Learn the fundamental skill of dividing the visual world into light and shade families.
Learn the 8 elements of these families.
Simplify your subject into value planes - making it much easier to paint.
- Learn how to draw this easily.
- Learn to establish light and shadow families.
- Learn to set the limits of your values.
- Learn to compare values accurately using a colour isolator.
- Learn about halftones.
- Learn about hard and soft edges.
It's time to take the next step into... Colour!
- Learn how to match any colour.
- Learn the artists 'defocusing' technique to simplify your painting.
- Learn about setting the colour range in your painting.
- Learn about reflected light.
- Learn where to use soft and hard edges.
- Learn how to make a glowing light area.
We'll paint in oils and you'll learn about:
- Painting on a toned canvas
- Setting the colour limits
- Blocking in the big shapes
- Tips for faster painting
- Capturing vibrant colour.
- Painting translucency.
- Dealing with reflected colour.
- Seeing and painting white objects.
- Creating a large area of glowing light.
- Setting the colour limits.
- Start with the most vibrant colour.
- Blocking in big shapes in an abstract fashion.
- Lost and found edges for variety and depth.
- Painting glass (mainly what's behind it).
- Painting a mirrored surface (mainly what's in front of it).
- Creating a painting that glows with colour