Mastering Python - Networking and Security
- 5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- create, run, and debug Python scripts and apply that knowledge to handling common networking and forensics tasks
- use Python to interact with MySQL databases and execute commands
- some basic knowledge of programming is recommended, but not required
In this advanced course, you'll first learn how to create, run, and troubleshoot scripts with Python and then move through specific programming libraries and technologies that allow you to tackle several networking tasks and security measures. No experience is required, although any programming knowledge would be an asset.
You will start with an overview of Python, including how to create and run scripts, use threads, and handle exceptions. From there, Ric will teach you how to network, including how to use the Python libraries for network scripting and develop basic scripts with network functionality. This video tutorial will also cover HTTP programming, security scripting, and forensic scripting. Finally, you will learn about Twisted Python, including the Echo server and HTTP client. Once you have completed the course, you will be fully capable of debugging and security testing using Python, as well as writing Python scripts. Working files are included, allowing you to follow along with the author throughout the lessons.
- anyone who wants to dig deeper into Python and its networking-specific libraries