- 8 hours on-demand video
- 10 articles
- 6 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Infrastructure as a Code and related concepts e.g. idempotence, convergence
- Puppet's DSL and best practices to write Manifests, Modules, Node Classification etc.
- Create dynamic, data driven modules with Parameters and Templates
- Setup Puppet Master and Nodes and apply configurations with centralised configuration management system
- Integrate with Continuous Integration tool (CircleCI) and deploy applications with Puppet
- Managing multiple environments e.g. Dev, Stage, QA, Production
- Externalising properties with Hiera
- Roles and Profile Design Patterns
- Overview of Puppet Enterprise
- Linux Command Line Operations
- Text Editor
- Experience with installing and configuring applications
Infrastructure as a Code is one of the foundations of Devops Automation toolchain. Being the first to enter in 2005, Puppet is at the forefront of the IaaC revolutions and was the first tool amongst the four main configuration management tools including Chef, Ansible and Saltstack . Puppet is also the fastest configuration management system and provides a simple DSL (Domain Specific Language) to define the state of resources and does the heavy lifting of managing underlying platform specific operations by itself, providing users higher level of abstraction than scripts do.
The use of puppet is no more limited to servers, but has also expanded to managing all type of devices including routers, embedded systems, storage etc. With more and more organisations adopting to devops practices, knowledge on IaaC and tools such as Puppet is essential for today's generation of devops professionals. This skill would also help one to advance their careers, specially for the operations, systems, networks and devops engineers.
This course is one of the most comprehensive programs to master Puppet. It starts from most basic concepts related to Infrastructure as a Code, Convergent Infrastructures, Code and Data separation, Idempotence. It then helps you dive into the world of puppet by understanding the basics of the languages such as resources/providers, manifests, modules and then delves deeper into creating dynamic code with parameters, templates, defined types etc. Once equipped with the basics, it unlocks Puppet's full potential with advanced topics such as environments, hiera, r10k, puppet enterprise, rolls and design patterns etc. This course takes from from zero to puppet master in two weeks.
- Systems Operations Personal who would like to know how to manage insfrastructure at scale
- Developers who would like to setup consistent environments and software delivery using automation
- Anyone who would like to be a Devops Professional
- Anyone who is interested learning to write Infrastructure as a Code
- QA who would like to automate test environment setups and create a repeatable way