Mastering Public Speaking
- 1 hour on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Students will learn how to avoid using filler sounds such as um, uh, ah, mm as well as filler words which ruins presentation.
- Students will learn how to use body language which includes smile, eye contact, gestures, posture and space as a powerful tool for public speaking.
- Students will learn how to use repetition and parallelism effectively to establish their ideas firmly in the minds of their audience.
- Students will learn how to use Cicero's five elements of speech ( invention, arrangement, style, memory and delivery) to structure their presentation
- Students will learn how to avoid monotony during presentation and instead master the use of emphasis, pause, pitch,pace, tone and voice to raise their public speech to a new height.
- Students will learn how to be good at storytelling and the ability to start strong by using quotes, questions, story to hook their audience.
- Students will learn the types of attention and how to get a neck down attention during a presentation.
- Students will understand the importance of the first 30 seconds before an audience and how to set the stage alight.
- Students will learn how to improve their self image and use some really useful tips to improve their self-image.
- Students will learn how to gain confidence before any audience, which is so crucial and the foundation for any public speech.
- Students will learn how to influence any audience by using exposition, description, narration, suggestion, argument and persuasion techniques.
- Your willingness to master a new skill. Anyone can join this course and be amazing.
Public speaking is among the top ten skills, that people need, in order to succeed in today’s busy society. This course will enable you to overcome the fear of public speaking and help you deliver an amazing speech, anywhere. You will discover the secret to all those wonderful and great speeches that has transformed and shaped many generations.
This is the reason why you need to enrol on my new course on public speaking.
I will go through the following 15 ESSENTIAL SKILLS:
1. HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR SELF IMAGE- understanding the importance of self image and use some useful tips to improve your self-image.
2. GAINING CONFIDENCE-Appreciate the importance of practicing and understand how to gain confidence before an audience.
3. THE AUDIENCE-understand your audience and their needs, understand the importance of the first 30 seconds before an audience.
4. TYPES OF ATTENTION-Understand the two types of attention and how to get a neck down attention.
5. HOW TO START STRONG-Understand why you need to start strong.
6. USING PERSONIFICATION-Understand the importance of personification and learn how to use personification in your delivery.
7. AVOIDING MONOTONY-Understand why you need to avoid monotony.
8. USING EMPASIS, PACE AND PITCH-Learn when to use emphasis and pauses, learn when to vary the pitch and tone.
9. USING REPETITION-Understand the importance of repetition and the use of parallelism in your delivery.
10. USING ANALOGIES-Appreciate the importance of analogies and understand how to use analogies in your delivery.
11. BODY LANGUAGE-Understand the importance of body language, understand the use of smile, eye contact, gestures, posture and space.
12. HOW TO INFLUENCE-Understand how to influence an audience by exposition, description, narration, suggestion, argument and persuasion.
13. MEMORY TRAINING- Understand that a reliable memory is a valuable asset to a speaker.
14. DEVELOPING STORY TELLING SKILLS-Understand the importance of a good story and the use of tips to improve your story telling skills.
15. CICERO’S FIVE ELEMENTS ON SPEECH- Understand how to use invention, arrangement, style, memory and delivery to structure your presentation.
- Anyone who want to improve their public speaking skills effortlessly.
- If you are prepared to lose your fear of public speaking then this is the right course for you.
Public speaking is among the top 10 skills that people need in order to succeed in today's society. It encompass your personality, ability to get along with others and also to persuade others. Being able to speak effectively, means you can sell anything from; products, ideas, visions, world-views etc. What can you do with amazing public speaking abilities?
There are three basic requirements for a good voice; Ease, Openness and Forwardness. The projection of your voice is important for public speaking.
The audience are on the same side of the speaker, they want you to succeed, so your job as a speaker is to make that come true. Well not quite, because the nerves are in the way.It is important to know your audience, what excites them, what are their fears, what solutions do they seek and finding solutions on how best to help them achieve that goal.
What makes a great start? The answer is to start your presentation with an interest. Ignite interest in your message with a BANG, start with the unexpected, a magnetic opening, a quote, a story , a question. Anything that has the power to hook your audience is great.
Nothing is more important, than how you feel and think about yourself. Self image is how we value and see ourselves. Having a little self-esteem can stop you from living the life you have ever wanted to live. Positive self-image is at the heart of public speaking. Developing your self-image will inevitably give you the energy and confidence needed for public speaking.
Gaining confidence before any audience is vital to your success as a public speaker. Nervousness is normal, it is experienced even by the best public speakers. However, you will accomplish much in life if you face your fears rather than allow them to conquer you.
The ability to influence an audience is to get them to go with your ideas while maintaining the relationship without the audience feeling manipulated. The following are way to influence an audience: Influence by exposition, influence by description, influence by narration, influence by suggestion, influence by argument and influence by persuasion.
Good speakers know that people remember pictures far longer than words. Images are very powerful and will be remembered when the words have been forgotten. Personification is the medium through with human characteristics are attributed to something non-human. Personification gives life, boost emotions and build imagery in a speech.
All the words in a presentation are not weighted equally. Some words are more more special and carry importance than others There are certain words that need to stand out in your presentation and therefore needs more emphasis. varying the pitch of your voice will let listeners know that what you are saying is important. Change of tempo or speed brings naturalness to the delivery of a speech.