Product Management & Marketing: Positioning
What you'll learn
- Understand how and why positioning statements drive better, more relevant and clear communications
- Learn how to create your own positioning statements
- Practice evaluating positioning statements
- Discover how to apply the positioning statement template and technique to your own business
- Take the prerequisite course Create High Impact Personas in 4 Easy Steps (Udemy)
- Read The Marketing High Ground: The essential playbook for B2B marketing practitioners everywhere, by J. Michael Gospe, Jr.
What is" product positioning"?
Think of it this way: if your product were sold in a giant store, what aisle would it be on? What other products would it be next to?
Or consider this: your customers always have choices. So, how does your product compare next to the nearest competitive alternative?
Your answers to these questions provide clues to how your product is positioned in the minds of your target customers. Leaving your product positioning strategy to chance is dangerous because you can't dictate how the market will respond. However, you can influence it. And that's what this course is about.
Before you can write clever advertising copy, you need a clear product positioning strategy
Positioning is not what you do to a product. Positioning is what you do to the mind of the prospect. So, how do we influence the minds of the people we want to sell to? The answer, in large part, is in how you talk about your product, the problems it solves, and how and why it is the best alternative to competitive alternatives. You need a positioning strategy before you can write clever advertising copy, press release headlines, your website copy, etc.
Learn how to craft a positioning statement that will help you win in the marketplace
This course teaches you the thought-provoking approach called positioning. It starts with developing a positioning statement that identifies, prioritizes, and then clarifies the unique value you offer a specific target market. Equally important to having a best positioning statement tool is knowing how to use it. Because, success requires you not only be a master of marketing; you need to be savvy at organizational politics. (If you work in a big company you'll appreciate this insight.)
This course contains 6 power-packed lessons accompanied by quizzes, examples and exercises. Each video lecture can be completed in less than 15 minutes. In this course I teach you all of my secrets to position your product, service, or company for best success.
Who this course is for:
- Product marketing directors and managers
- Product managers
- Corporate marketing managers
- Advertising managers
- Press relations managers
- Demand generation managers
- Event managers and planners
- Business owners
- Marketers of all levels working at large companies
- Business leaders working at start-ups or small companies
- Leaders of non-profit organizations
Mike Gospe is a noted author of marketing "how to" books and practical "hands-on" workshops for individuals and marketing teams of all sizes. For more than two decades, he's been inspiring marketers and product managers to reach their "next level" of personal performance. He challenges the status quo and creates a fun, fast-paced environment to help marketers and business people think outside the box. His tools and techniques have been adopted by companies around the world, helping them to get "real work done" as they strive for marketing excellence.
Mike is the author of a number of marketing "best practices" books, including, Marketing Campaign Development, and The Marketing High Ground.