Mastering Photographic Exposure - Learn the Fundamentals
What you'll learn
- How to use the exposure triangle to set a correct exposure in your DSLR camera
- Key adjustments to the aperture settings in order to create your desired depth of field
- Setting the shutter speed to introduce “motion blur” or freeze the movement
- Efficient use the Histogram tool to improve the exposure
- How to set the ISO for optimal image quality
- Best practices to develop your RAW files and prepare them for further post processing in Photoshop
- Pro tips for how to work in a targeted way with Adjustment Layers, Masks and Layers’ Blend Modes
- Ideally Photoshop CC, trial free version is more than enough
- No prior knowledge of Photoshop is necessary, I will explain all the techniques in a simple way
- We will work with high quality images provided as supplementary materials to help you move on even faster!
This online photo editing course will teach you how to improve your images by mastering photographic exposure, with insider tips on how to enhance your photos further in a seamless way. You’ll learn how to take full advantage of the data stored in your RAW files to optimise your images with control and flexibility. Because technical explanations of exposure compensation may seem complicated, we make it simple and straightforward for you to master the mechanics behind a good exposure by presenting the process to you in small, easy to digest blocks.
Sharpen Your Skills
Perfect Your Exposures With Histogram Tool
Know the difference between a “low-key” and an underexposed image. You’ll easily grasp the nuances through in-depth explanations followed by photo examples, making evaluating your exposures with the Histogram tool simple and intuitive. You’ll be thrilled with how much easier it makes your life by providing accurate, detailed feedback on your exposure’s quality.
Discover The Exposure Triangle
Learning how to balance the three fundamental components of exposure — shutter speed, aperture and ISO — will forever transform your photography skills. Understanding this simple concept will help you to create a solid foundation and will allow you to take your work to the next level.
Learn how to combine masks and adjustment layers to maintain flexibility in your artistic process as you achieve stunning results. In no time you’ll be able to create alternative versions of one photo, or revisit your artwork in the future to bring new ideas to life with a just a few minor adjustments.
Express Your Artistic Vision With Creative Exposure
The medium of photography uses a visual language, and exposure is what gives it resonance and impact. Every aspect of your images communicates something — the colors it contains, shapes, the composition — and exposure can help you eloquently express your unique signature and overall artistic ideas to your audience.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn how to improve their images by mastering photographic exposure
- Anyone who wants to learn how to develop RAW files
- Aspiring photographers who want to improve their photo editing skills
- Artists who want to introduce digital techniques into their creative process
- Anyone who wants to develop artistic skills in fields of creative photo processing
Like you, I’m an artist. I’m passionate about creating personal, meaningful and captivating artwork. I love the freedom of the medium, as it allows - and perhaps encourages - unexpected moments that are both surprising and delightful.
Your vision is unique, and my goal is to assist you on your path to realize your artistic dreams. It’s my mission to support and nourish your talent with the tools necessary to take your photography to the next level. Sharing my experience and helping you develop your visual language helps me evolve as a teacher and enriches me as a human being.
I consider myself extremely lucky to be able to interact with people all over the world who share the same passion as me. It’s honestly my greatest thrill and source of fulfillment to foster the growth and development of the DAC community of photographers.
A born-and-raised Polish girl with a passion for artistic self-expression and adventure, I trained at the Eugeniusz Geppert Academy of Art and Design in Wroclaw, Poland and graduated with a Master of Fine Arts in 2003. Photography has been my medium of choice for 20 years, starting in darkrooms and now, in the digital space. I am a featured photography skills teacher on several prominent online educational platforms and am thrilled that over 70,000 students from 183 countries around the world have joined my courses and developed their photography skills with me. It’s a great honor and delight to be engaged in this work — and it’s the best way I know of to make friends on all seven continents! As you can probably tell, I’m an obsessive learner who spends time watching, reading, photographing, editing, creating and selling educational courses.
Thank you for taking the time to visit. I’m happy we’re connected and I’m excited for the journey ahead.