How to Install and Configure OPC Client/Server Software
What you'll learn
- Have an appreciation of the reason OPC was developed
- Understand how OPC is able to achieve cross-platform software integration
- Become aware of the various OPC specifications
- Be able to choose the appropriate OPC software application based on technical needs
- Understand the structure of OPC DA and HDA
- Download and configure an OPC server application and connect with it using an OPC client application
- Simulate an OPC conversation using a Modbus slave simulator
- Configure an OPC server application to communicate with a physical programmable logic controller (PLC)
- Connect an HMI OPC Client to the OPC Server and link graphics
- Basic working knowledge of the Modbus RTU protocol.
- Familiarity with the installation of software applications on the Windows OS platform.
The key to getting ahead in the process automation field is to acquire higher value added skills. You have to gain knowledge on subjects like programmable logic controllers, intelligent devices, data communications, and enterprise plant software solutions.
One of the key skills that will make you very valuable is knowing how to connect plant devices to enterprise software such as human machine interfaces and historians.
And to do that you will need to have a practical working knowledge of the technology called OPC and that is what this course will give you.
By the end of this course, you will be able to install and configure OPC software to connect data from plant devices to enterprise software. You will be able to add significant value to your organization or your clients making you a very valuable team member.
And the more valuable you are, the more income you can command.
Who this course is for:
- Electrical Engineers
- Electrical Technicians
- Electrical Tech or Engineering Students
- Process Control Technicians and Engineers
- Process Automation Engineers
I have been working in the fields of Software Development, Software Systems Integration and Process Automation since 1996. In 2003, I stepped out on my own and started working for myself providing software development and systems integration services to small and medium businesses.
I am also associated with a great company called Mora Systems Limited that under the leadership of it's Managing Director has produced innovative and outstanding products and services in the fields of GIS and Cellular based SCADA.
Teaching has always been a passion for me. I have taught at the tertiary level for many years on the subjects of programming, control systems as well as systems integration. In the last few years I found myself incorporating more and more videos into the curriculum with amazing results.
When I heard of uDemy I just could not help but sign up. With teaching in a classroom, you can reach only so many students, but with uDemy you can reach the world! I plan to publish and promote as many courses as I possibly can on the uDemy platform.