PowerShell Functions for Advanced Automation Administration
- 3 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Creating modules
- Using logic tests and loops in scripts
- Error handling
- Delegated administration
- Remote administration
- Creating background jobs
- Scheduling tasks and jobs
- Advanced functions with parameters
- Processing pipeline input and output
- Using .NET in PowerShell
- Using REST APIs in PowerShell
- Creating interfaces and HTML files with controller scripts
- Reading XML, JSON, and custom data
- Skills covered in this course
- Candidates should have experience with navigating the Windows operating system
Simplify Windows network administration with PowerShell. Learn how to automate routine tasks and free up more time for complex troubleshooting and innovation. This course, part of the PowerShell learning path, covers next-level scripting using prebuilt PowerShell modules, conditional logic, and loops. Instructor Scott Burrell also shows how to handle errors, enable delegated and remote administration, and run jobs in the background of Windows Server 2016. Plus, learn how to schedule tasks and jobs so you don't have to sit around waiting for an activity to complete. Using these tips and best practices, you can administer an entire network of workstations and servers—without ever having to leave your office.
Take your PowerShell skills to the next level. Learn how to automate complex Windows administration tasks and free up more time for troubleshooting and innovation. This course, part of the PowerShell learning path, covers functions for advanced automation. Instructor Scott Burrell shows how to expand the scope and usefulness of your commands with parameters and process input from the PowerShell pipeline. He also explains how to invoke .NET classes and REST APIs and use controller scripts to build user-friendly interfaces and HTML reports. Plus, learn how to read and format data such as XML and JSON using PowerShell scripts.
- Anyone wanting to gain Microsoft Server Administration experience.