Chinese for Beginners: Mastering Mandarin Basics in 4 hours
What you'll learn
- At the end of my course, students will be able to greet in Chinese
- Pronounce Chinese characters according to Pinyin (Pinyin is the Chinese characters written in Roman letters and the representation of Chinese pronunciation system)
- Self-introduce in Chinese
- Count numbers in Chinese up to millions
- Communicate with the Chinese taxi driver
- Order food in a Chinese restaurant
- Ask for prices and negotiate prices with Chinese sellers
- Ask for direction in China
- Make small talk with Chinese such as where they are from, what they are doing in China, etc.
- Describe colours in Chinese
- Learn to teach themselves Chinese online and with mobile phone apps
- You do not need to have any previous knowledge about Chinese language
- You don't need to prepare any material, though the last lesson will require a smart phone and the Internet.
In this 4-hour course you will learn Mandarin Chinese from scratch.
The course helps you start communicating in Chinese as soon as possible. Start your life in China easy without fear of being unable to talk to the taxi driver.
This course uses games (Minecraft) to make learning more interesting and engaging.
After the course, you will be able to
- Greet in Chinese (lesson 1)
- Pronounce Chinese characters according to Pinyin (Pinyin is the Chinese characters written in Roman letters and the representation of Chinese pronunciation system) (lesson 2)
- Introduce yourself in Chinese (lesson 3)
- Count numbers in Chinese up to millions (lesson 4)
- Tell the taxi driver where you want to go and where to stop (lesson 5)
- Order food in a Chinese restaurant and ask for the bill (lesson 6)
- Ask for prices and negotiate prices with Chinese sellers (lesson 7)
- Ask for direction if you are lost in China (lesson 8)
- Tell people where you are from (lesson 9)
- Learn the Chinese vocabulary of colours
- Learn to teach yourself Chinese online and with mobile phone apps.
Because Chinese write in characters, which represent meaning but not sound, learning Pinyin is emphasised and made easy in this course. With Pinyin, you will find it easy to pronounce Chinese correctly and to teach yourself Chinese in the future.
No matter you are preparing to visit China and want to communicate in basic Chinese, or you are attracted by Chinese language and culture, you have found the right course.
If you are here for a grander purpose, such as learning more about languages and researching Chinese linguistics, this course is beneficial for you too.
Enjoy the learning! Sign up now!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is interested in Chinese language and culture.
- Anyone who wants to learn the most amazing language in the world.
- Anyone who aims to live in China.
- Anyone who is interested in languages and linguistics.
- This course is not for learning to write Chinese characters, yet every word and expression is written in both characters and Pinyin in the course, meaning the students will get familiar with the characters but are not taught how to write them.
Hi, I'm Yang from China, graduated from the University of Nottingham with a Master's Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages. I am passionate about languages and cultures. Introducing Chinese language(s) and culture(s) to the world is one of my ambitions. China is a huge country with a myriad of languages and cultures; thanks to the platform of Udemy, I will be able to make courses to introduce the diversity of Chinese languages and cultures little by little.