2022 - Mastering Selectors/ Locators for Automation Testing!
What you'll learn
- Understand XPath and CSS Selectors in detail
- The different types of of XPath and CSS Selectors
- Full understand how to construct XPath and CSS Selector when there is no unique attribute available
- How XPath and CSS Selectors are used in Selenium
- The different types of methods available with XPath and CSS Selectors
- The differences between CSS and XPath selectors
- Minimal HTML & CSS knowledge is an advantage (but not mandatory)
- Minimal Selenium Webdriver or general automation knowledge would be an advantage (but not mandatory)
Selectors/ locators is at the heart of automation testing. Learning how to identify them (without relying on tools) is a critical skill to becoming an automation tester.
Locators in Selenium, Cypress, WebdriverIO... can be referred to as one of the most critical components required to build effective and robust automaton tests, in turn making your tests become allot less Flaky. Its ideally the building block of all automation tests / scripts. It helps locate the GUI elements through which multiple user actions can be performed. These are one of the important parameters for scripting, and if they end up to be incorrect or brittle, they may lead to script failure. A good scripting base foundation requires elements to be located appropriately
Tools cannot be relied upon, as they do not often provide the most efficient selector/ locator available. Identifying selectors/ locators is also a common question asked in coding exercise during interviews.
This course teaches you:
How to identify selectors/ locators like a pro
Understand the difference between the different types of locators
The best approach to identify them
How to write your own custom locators
How to prepare for interview questions relating to selectors/ locators
How to gain confidence in writing selectors/ locators so you do not need to rely on tools
By the end of this course you will be able to confidently identify and write your own custom locators without needing to rely on tools. This will provide you with the confidence and knowledge to write high quality Selenium test scripts.
Come master this core skill, today!
Who this course is for:
- Complete beginners with no prior knowledge on XPath and CSS selectors
- Manual Testers that would like to learn a core skill used by automation testers
- Selenium testers that would like to improve their XPath and CSS knowledge
- Selenium testers that would like to refresh their Xpath and CSS knowledge
- Anyone that's wanting to learn how to identify elements using the conventional selector / locator approach
My name is Gianni Bruno and my goal is to help anyone learn automation testing either to gain new skills, change careers or to progress in their current field. I am a lead automation test engineer with many years of experience.
I started as a manual tester and swiftly moved into test automation as it started gaining momentum. Since then, I have progressed from a junior automation tester, senior automaton tester, and now an automation team lead.
To date, I have taught over 50,000 students and have used my teaching experience to ensure my students get the very most out of my courses. My courses are lean, effective and efficient. I ensure they are well structured, easy to follow and well designed from start to finish.
I have had many students message me saying how my courses have gained them new jobs and promotions. This is what I strive for!
I welcome you to check out my courses and if you do decide to enroll, then I hope you enjoy my content and learn many new things.
All the best,