Dialux Evo Mastering Lighting Design Like a Pro
What you'll learn
- By the end of this course, you will master the Internal and External lighting design of a big house/Villa starting from just a 2D layout.
- Interest to learn about Interior design and Lighting design
- Students need to install an Open Source software Dialux evo in their system/Computers
It is believed that among the ancient civilizations, Egyptians were the first civilization to introduce the aspect of Interior design in their day to day lives.
And all through the course of civilizations, Interior design was a subject of profound interest in many civilizations, like the Indian Vaastu Shastra and the Chinese Feng Shui.
Plenty of Scientific research have also shown that when a person is surrounded by good interior design, he can live a much happy and productive life.
There are many elements to a good interior design, but there is one major element without which none of the other elements can bring its qualities to the fore, and that is Lighting.
And in this course, I will cover this element or the lighting aspect of the interior design.
Below is an outline of what i am going to teach you in a step by step process in this course.
I will teach you
· How to read and understand architectural drawings
· How to use the tools required for your lighting design project, which is dialux evo
· How to construct individual floors, basements, balconies and roof tops
· How to add internal and external materials & textures to your floors
· How to add furniture and objects to your floor designs
· How to use the lighting design principles and lighting standards like IESNA, CIE to determine the lux/foot candles level of a particular task area
· How to choose and add light fixtures into dialux evo, keeping the lighting standards of the task area in mind
· How to run lighting calculations, as per your customized needs
· How to document your calculations and results, and export them as reports, which are meant to be sent to vendors or clients.
· How to create beautiful ray trace renders of your finished projects after lighting calculations.
And once you are through all these steps, you will be able to do the lighting design of your home or office like a professional lighting designer.
So join me along to add the skill of lighting design in your arsenal.
Who this course is for:
- This is a great course for for all levels of individuals Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced with an interest in Lighting Design principles and tools.
- This course would also be of great value for interior design students, professionals, artists, hobbyists.
- This course would also be of great value for DIY Enthusiasts interested in doing the lighting design of their home and office.
I am Abhishek singh, I have a degree in Computer engineering from IIT Delhi.
3D modeling for me started as a hobby which turned into my passion and full time career over time. I have been working for more than 8 years now in the capacity of 3D modeler , Animator and Character artist. I started as a 3D design artist for Advertising where i worked on popular campaigns for Kit Kat, Fanta. I further enhanced my skills as a Game & Mobile app developer, with one of my project Bowling wizards being selected as one of the Top 10 apps in Techsparks 2012.
At present i am working as Design head for 3DIGIPRINTS, India's 1st on Demand 3D printing Ecosytem. I like to guide and educate people about the latest trends & technologies of this industry and am a visiting faculty at MAAC delhi, India's premier vfx & animation training institute.
During the past 2-3 years i have keenly observed how 3D printing is emerging as a new manufacturing economy in itself, & i feel highly optimistic about the range of opportunities it is going to offer to designers, 3D modelers and to the entrepreneurs looking to capitalize on it.