Mastering Kotlin for Android Development
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Explore Language Syntax extensively
- Understand Lambdas and Higher Order Functions
- Get the grips on Extension functions and Data classes
- Learn about generics (Types with parameters)
- Understand OO Programming with Kotlin
- Explore the Null safety features of Kotlin
- Grasp the Kotlin Standard Library API
- Learn Async Programming with Coroutines
- Use Kotlin to build a DSL
In this video, we will see what the properties in Kotlin are and learn how they are different from Java.
What are the functions and function variables in Kotlin?
- Learn to declare a function and explore keywords for declaring variables
- Explore default visibility modifiers and study the read only and mutable variables
- Understand the use of functions in Kotlin and use variables inside the functions
In this video, we will understand the options provided by Kotlin for concurrent programming.
- Basic knowledge of Java is recommended.
Kotlin is a programming language intended to be a better Java, and it's designed to be usable and readable across large teams with skill and discipline variances. Kotlin is a language that helps developers build amazing applications in an easy and effective way.
The video begins by giving you strong grasp of the Kotlin features in context, independent of any platform. We continue by exploring all the features of Kotlin language that make the language better alternative to Java. It will show you the environment setup, and the difficulty level will grow steadily with the features covered next.
Moving on, we’ll introduce you to using the IntelliJ IDE, which plays an integral role in Kotlin development. We’ll cover Kotlin’s basic programming concepts such as functions, lambdas, properties, object-oriented code, safety aspects, type parameterization, and finally concurrency, which will guide you to write Kotlin’s code to production. By the end of the video, you will be proficient in using Kotlin for any kind of app development.
About the author
Marko Devcic is a Software Engineer currently working as an Android Developer for Austrian company mySugr in Vienna. He has a Master's degree in Engineering from University of Zagreb in Croatia. Over the years, he has worked with various technologies and languages, mostly C# and Java.
He is passionate about technology and software development. He loves reading about programming languages and writing simple and clean code.
In his spare time, he writes code for his personal projects, and contributes to open source projects. You can follow him on Github (username deva666). He also likes to write about Kotlin, C#, and programming in general on his web page.
- The video is for developers who want to learn Kotlin.
- The course is intended for all levels, and developers with prior knowledge can benefit because the course also covers advanced topics of Kotlin.