Mastering IntelliJ IDEA for Java Devs
What you'll learn
- How to use IntelliJ IDEA to its maximum capacity
- How to Configure IntelliJ IDEA to Keep Us in the Flow State
- Hands-On examples for Smart Code Completion, Complete Current Statement, CamelCase Completion, Postfix Completion, etc.
- How to create everything from within the code editor with the least friction
- Hands-On examples with File Templates and Live Templates for boilerplate code
- Extended example of how to refactor a Java application using IntelliJ IDEA
- How to make use of the IntelliJ tools for Database support
- How to make use of the IntelliJ tools for Maven support
- Knowledge of the Java language is required
- Basics of IntelliJ IDEA
- The course was designed for Mac/Linux users but Windows commands are also shown
IntelliJ IDEA is built on the principle that every minute a developer spends in the flow state is a good minute, and things that break developers out of that flow are bad and should be avoided.
This course is built with ergonomic ideas in mind, to help you make the most out of an IDE.
We're going to explore what are the features that actually make us more productive.
How to Configure IntelliJ IDEA to Keep You in the Flow State
How to Configure IntelliJ with ergonomics in mind
How to Setup IntelliJ in order to navigate faster
How to use all IntelliJ many tools without breaking our focus.
How to make IntelliJ move fast to not disturb your creative flow
Find useful features that you actually never used
Making Use of Code Completion
Real-life use cases for Complete Current Statement
Real-life use cases for Smart Completion
Real-life use cases for CamelCase Completion
Real-life use cases for Postfix Completion
How to Avoid Common Interruptions in Daily Coding
How to avoid going back to fix already-typed expression
How to create everything from within the code editor with the least friction
IntelliJ IDEA Templates for Spring Boot Application
How to generate boilerplate code for common SpringBoot application
How to use and create Live and File Templates
Refactoring in IntelliJ IDEA
How IntelliJ facilitates the process of refactoring
Explore automatic refactoring capabilities of IntelliJ
Hands-on refactoring examples and how IntelliJ helps to reduce mistakes while changing the code
How we can use IntelliJ IDEA to connect to a PostgreSQL database
How to make use of the IntelliJ support for Spring Data
Generate diagrams of the database schema
Manage code entities
Run queries from the codebase
Why do we need Maven for development?
How IntelliJ IDEA makes the interaction with maven effortless and intuitive, but also more effective?
Getting started with a Maven project in IntelliJ Idea.
Explore IntelliJ features for the POM file.
Understanding the Maven Build Lifecycle.
How to create and save custom run configurations?
Why download sources and documentation?
How to use the visual representation of all dependencies?
How to use Conditional Breakpoints?
Explore different types of breakpoints.
How to use the Stream Debugger?
Modify Code Behaviour while debugging.
Who this course is for:
- Developers who want to improve their productivity by taking the most out of IntelliJ IDEA
- Developers who want to discover ergonomics aspects of an IDE
- Developers who want to maximise their time spent in a flow state
- Developers who want to use IntelliJ IDEA like a pro users
I’m a software engineer from Romania with a strong background in computer science and with more than 8 years of professional experience.
I'm passionate about developing products that are easy-to-use, intelligent, and well-architected. I'm an advocate of writing a well-crafted code that follows best design practices. I seek to bring the same level of passion and completeness to teaching.