Mastering IELTS Writing: Task 1 (Academic)
What you'll learn
- Create coherent, organised responses to a variety of different question types
- Select appropriate data accurately and quickly for your response
- Create a variety of complex grammatical constructions with flexibility and accuracy
- Learn the precise process for writing a high-scoring response in IELTS Writing Task 1 Academic
- Use a range of vocabulary appropriately and with precision for a variety of questions
- You should have a minimum level of English of B1, otherwise the content may be too challenging
- You do not need to know about the IELTS exam before you begin as this will be covered in Section 1
- You should come to the course with an open mind and a willingness to work hard!
-- ** OVER 2,000 5-STAR REVIEWS ** --
"The best course ever! I jumped from 6.0 to 7.5 in writing in only one month with this course." - Jaime Dantas
Should I take this course?
Are you struggling to achieve a Band 7 or above score in IELTS Writing Task 1?
Do you get nervous when faced with line graphs, pie charts, bar charts or tables?
Are you unsure of how to write about detailed maps and complex processes?
If so, this course is for you.
My previous course - Mastering IELTS Writing: Task 2 - has the highest number of 5-star ratings of any IELTS Writing course on Udemy (6,000+). It has been enrolled upon by almost 50,000 students from 150+ different countries, and is statistically 6 times more engaging than the average IELTS course.
Now, I am bringing you Mastering IELTS Writing: Task 1.
This course contains the same high-quality tuition, the same crisp, clean, accessible presentation, and the same invaluable expertise acquired through thousands of hours of IELTS tuition which is offered in my Task 2 course.
Why waste time and money on outdated course books, inexperienced teachers and failed exams? Learn the tips, tricks, secrets and techniques required to succeed in IELTS Writing Task 1, and take control of your IELTS future today!
And if you're not completely satisfied, you can claim a full refund within 30 days!
How will this course help me?
This course will teach you how to write what the IELTS examiners want to read in IELTS Writing Task 1. It is aimed at students who are trying to achieve Band 7, but will also be extremely valuable for any students aiming for Band 6 or Band 8. Even Band 9 students will learn something new here!
You might think that the IELTS examiners only care about a wide range of vocabulary, correct spelling and accurate grammar. This is wrong. These are all important, but there is so much more you can do to boost your score.
Mastering IELTS Writing: Task 1 tells you exactly what you need to know to succeed in this English language exam.
During this course, you will:
understand how the IELTS exam, and the writing test in particular, is structured and how it should be approached
learn how to write an answer to any Writing Task 1 question after learning how to recognise different question types
learn how to manage your time wisely, how to plan your response effectively, and how to structure your writing appropriately
learn how to identify key trends, select important data and achieve a high level of statistical accuracy
find out how to increase your range of vocabulary related to graphs, charts, processes and maps quickly and effectively
study the steps you need to take in order to achieve grammatical range and accuracy
learn many of the 'secrets of success' that will help you to get the best score possible
discover many of the most common mistakes made in this part of the eaxm
begin to feel confident, assured and increasingly prepared for the writing test in your next IELTS exam
Who this course is for:
- Students who want to learn how to get a high score (Band 7+) in Task 1 of the IELTS Writing test, Academic module
- Although this course is aimed at those who need a Band 7 and above in Task 1 Academic, it will also help those trying to get a 6 or 6.5
- This course is NOT appropriate for students who need help in IELTS Writing Task 1 General Training, Writing Task 2, Listening, Reading or Speaking
- This course is NOT appropriate for students who do not already have a fairly good level of English. If your most recent IELTS score was 5 or lower, then this course may not be helpful for you
The IELTS Teacher is an online IELTS tutoring service run by Matt Rainsbury, a British native with many years of English Language and IELTS teaching experience.
Matt has a first class Master's Degree in English Literature and has been teaching English as a foreign language since 2008. Before teaching online, Matt had helped hundreds of students around the world to achieve their IELTS goals.
In 2013, with the aim of offering IELTS preparation to those who could not reach a native-speaker teacher, Matt created The IELTS Teacher. The IELTS Teacher is a website whereby students can book Skype and Zoom based IELTS lessons with experienced and qualified native-speaker teachers. Matt and his teachers have since worked one-to-one with thousands of students who had been struggling to achieve the score they needed, helping them to finally realise their goals.
Matt's IELTS Udemy courses have been created by bringing together all of his knowledge and experience of both the IELTS exam itself and teaching IELTS to students. These are comprehensive courses which take the tips, techniques and skills which have been most effective at helping Matt's students to achieve their IELTS target scores. They are some of the most popular and well-respected IELTS courses on Udemy.