Mastering HTML5 Canvas
What you'll learn
- Familiarize yourself with the foundations of working with the canvas 2D API
- Control and regulate shapes with the help of quadratic and bezier curves
- Explore interesting canvas methods to create paths, arcs, shapes, text, and images
- Work with the beginPath and closePath methods to create your own geometric shapes
- Use math-based interactions, such as sine and cosine, to build complex shapes and animations with ease
- Get creative using the canvas features that control curves, colors, images, and gradients
- Fetch pixel data and manipulate it on the bitmap level with the canvas API
- Enhance the look and feel of your text using transformation effects such as scale, translate, and rotate
- The video course does not assume any previous know how in graphic design or HTML5 Canvas.
Mastering HTML5 Canvas walks you through the fascinating arena of web development, covering all the critical concepts of drawing and manipulating pixels in the canvas through tons of examples and designs.
We start the course off by introducing the foundations of the canvas API. You’ll learn how to create canvas elements dynamically and draw basic shapes, and you’ll get familiar with the work environment. Then we shift our focus on to drawing, where you will draw lines, original shapes, paths, and even multiple pointed shapes.
Next, we’ll then leverage the logic that stands behind the cosine and sine functions and through them, create more complicated shapes. This new insight will enable you to create more complex and advanced shape combinations. We will continue our journey by getting to grips with the various types of curves, images, and gradient colors. Finally, we will deal with manipulation of the canvas itself.
By the end of this course, you will know how to draw in HTML5 canvas, create complex shapes, and use angles, arcs, and curves to create your own art work. You will be a master of the HTML5 2D canvas API.
About The Author
Ben Fhala discovered his passion for data visualization while he was working at Parsons in New York, in their data visualization department, PIIM. He is the owner of the online video training school and an Adobe ACP. He enjoys spending most of his time learning and teaching, and has a love for visual programming and visualization in general. Ben has had the honor of developing applications for members of the US Congress, Prime Ministers, and Presidents around the world.
He has built many interactive experiences for companies such as Target, AT&T, Crayola, Marriott, Neutrogena, and Nokia. He has technically directed many award-winning projects and has been part of teams that have won three Agency of the Year awards.
Who this course is for:
Packt has been committed to developer learning since 2004. A lot has changed in software since then - but Packt has remained responsive to these changes, continuing to look forward at the trends and tools defining the way we work and live. And how to put them to work.
With an extensive library of content - more than 4000 books and video courses -Packt's mission is to help developers stay relevant in a rapidly changing world. From new web frameworks and programming languages, to cutting edge data analytics, and DevOps, Packt takes software professionals in every field to what's important to them now.
From skills that will help you to develop and future proof your career to immediate solutions to every day tech challenges, Packt is a go-to resource to make you a better, smarter developer.
Packt Udemy courses continue this tradition, bringing you comprehensive yet concise video courses straight from the experts.