Mastering Google Drive
What you'll learn
- Describe the purpose and benefits of Google Drive and navigate the Google Drive interface
- Describe the difference between Google format and non-Google format files
- Create and navigate folders and use the “Convert uploads” setting to determine whether uploaded files will be converted to Google format
- Open and edit files including editing Microsoft Word documents using Google Docs and pulling the text out of a PDF, as well as deleting files and restoring a file from Trash
- Edit files while offline and sync the changes when you are reconnected to the internet
- Share files and folders with others by making people Collaborators, sharing links, and sending files with Gmail
- Sync Drive folders and files to your computer and explain the benefits of file syncing
- Use the Drive app to access and edit files on a phone or tablet and scan documents using an Android phone
- A Google account is recommended.
Learn to access, store, and share files any time from any device
It’s time to leave attachments behind. Google Drive is an accessible, secure, and free tool for collaborating, sharing, editing, and storing your files in the cloud. If you have a Google account, you already have Google Drive! In this course, Google expert Laurie Sherrod shows you how to make the most of your Google Drive. She’ll share a variety of tips and tricks that will make it easy to get started. Google Drive is integrated with other Google apps making it simple to access Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and more. By the end of this course, you will have a handle on numerous Google Drive features, and you’ll be more than ready to use the application to store, edit, and share files and folders wherever you are.
Topics covered include:
Accessing Google Drive
Navigating the interface
Storing and sharing Google and non-Google files
Creating and managing files and folders
Opening and editing Word documents using Google Docs
Sharing files and folders with others
Syncing Drive folders to your computer
Accessing Google apps on your mobile device
Enjoy over an hour of high-quality HD content in the “Uniquely Engaging”TM Bigger Brains Teacher-Learner style!
Seat Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Versions Available: SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004, AICC, xAPI, MP4, reseller HTML
Teacher: Laurie Sherrod
Learner: Kat Snizaski
Produced by: Bigger Brains
Who this course is for:
- People who want to use Google Drive for personal or business reasons to store files and collaborate with others
Let's face it, no online training courses are "fun." But some (like Bigger Brains) are engaging and better to spend time on than others!
Bigger Brains courses are built in a unique Teacher/Learner style, featuring two people on camera to recreate some of the interactivity and physiological benefits of classroom training, including dialogue, humor, and practical use case examples. This uniquely engaging video-based format is more enjoyable and, more importantly, more effective than traditional eLearning formats.
Bigger Brains courses are popular with both learners and training professionals around the world. Because we use experienced teachers and subject matter experts with real-world experience, we have the most realistic and comprehensive online training courses possible.
There are also resources to help you learn along with the way. Most Bigger Brains courses include handouts and practice files. Some even include free post-training reinforcement through the BrainBot learning retention app.
Join the hundreds of thousands of learners around the world and upskill, reskill, and stay in the know with Bigger Brains!