Mastering ElasticSearch 6.x and the Elastic Stack
What you'll learn
- Understand Elastic Stack from start to finish and be able to jump right into a real work project.
- Store structured and unstructured data typically found in system events or log files to gain visibility and understanding of your application
- Learn the skills required to instantly search petabytes of data and provide amazing customer interactions
- Build a central log collection system
- Leverage HTTP-based APIs for ElasticSearch insert, query, and configure operations.
- Take advantage of the huge disk space saving capabilities in ES 6
- Utilize new features to visualize Logstash pipelines
- Who want to begin storing data in a cost-effective manner and want to leverage the functionality of the Elastic Stack.
Elastic Stack is powered by the most popular open source search engine, ElasticSearch, currently used throughout the world by Fortune 500 companies such as Sprint and Dell and small startups who leverage the power and scalability of the Elastic Stack, without having to pay a fortune in licensing or professional services hours.
Getting ElasticSearch up and running is fairly straightforward, but fully understanding how to use the whole stack, from start to finish, is a rather daunting task. This course will focus on two major use cases with ElasticSearch. The first is leveraging the powerful full-text search engine ElasticSearch is built on, allowing developers to add blazingly fast search features to applications. The second is leveraging different components of the Elastic Stack to continuously monitor applications, infrastructure, or even customer transactions.
Throughout the course, students will go from a beginner to a master of Elastic Stack, via hands-on examples using real data.
Chris Fauerbach is an active technical expert in the area of cybersecurity and the Elastic Stack. As a seasoned software engineer, he's built multiple commercial products on the Elastic Stack and has a passion for teaching. Chris continues to research new technologies and explore new ways to solve problems. As he has become an expert in his field, he has been focusing primarily on writing and teaching. You can find his frequent blog and podcast episodes on this topic at fauie.
Who this course is for:
- The course is for developers and system administrators who want to begin storing data in a cost-effective manner and want to leverage the functionality of the Elastic Stack. People with job titles such as Software Developer, Systems or Solutions Architect, System Administrator, DevOps Engineer, and so on will also be particularly interested in this course. Additionally, managers and directors in technology organizations will be able to understand the concepts and discuss them knowledgeably without breaking the budget.
Packt are an established, trusted, and innovative global technical learning publisher, founded in Birmingham, UK with over eighteen years experience delivering rich premium content from ground-breaking authors and lecturers on a wide range of emerging and established technologies for professional development.
Packt’s purpose is to help technology professionals advance their knowledge and support the growth of new technologies by publishing vital user focused knowledge-based content faster than any other tech publisher, with a growing library of over 9,000 titles, in book, e-book, audio and video learning formats, our multimedia content is valued as a vital learning tool and offers exceptional support for the development of technology knowledge.
We publish on topics that are at the very cutting edge of technology, helping IT professionals learn about the newest tools and frameworks in a way that suits them.