Mastering Drivers in Blender 3D
What you'll learn
- Create advanced rigging for your objects, characters, etc.
- Set up complex relationships between different objects in your scenes
- Control multiple objects at once with the same settings and controls
- Create floating panels to make the controls easy to access and use
- Increase the precision of your work by starting to look at everything in Blender as values
- Make those values change automatically both by using curves and math
- Create different versions of your objects and how to import them into other files and projects with a click
- Understand how properties in Blender work and how they can be accessed
- Have an in-depth knowledge of how Blender's driver system works
- Use armatures to add skeletons to your objects you can control
- Use modifiers and shape keys to manipulate the shape of your objects
- You need to know basic Blender knowledge, like how to navigate the viewport and simple modelling.
- You don't need any prior knowledge with any of the topics, such as drivers, shape keys, etc.
- You need Blender 2.70 or later installed on your computer to follow along, but it is not needed if you just intend to watch the tutorials.
*** 95% Score by CGMasters – “If you have any interest in animation or in simply learning cool new things about Blender, this course is well worth buying.” ***
*** 95% Score by Adventure in Blender – “The amount of tips and tricks I learned was stunning.” ***
No matter if you want to create really advanced rigging for characters, cool animated effects or simply want things to be done quicker, drivers are a great tool that every Blender user should have in their backpack!
In this course from ExploreBlender, we will go through drivers inside out, truly making them second nature to you. We start by going through the basics of how they work, and then we will jump head first into creating different projects that uses drivers in different ways. Starting easy and gradually getting harder, at the end of this course you will have learned all the details about drivers and the ways they can be used, making you completely ready to use them in your own projects, whenever they might be of help!
“Excellent … Time to blow my mind again.” - @Alex_Silver, Twitter
Who this course is for:
- This course is for you if you want to be able to create advanced rigging for controlling your objects, characters, etc.
- Wants to get an overview and insight on how objects doesn't always have to be manipulated by hand, making Blender do more work for you, increasing precision and saving time.
- Wants to understand Blender's driver system in depth
- Doesn't want to write code but still wants to automate certain tasks.
- Wants to get more organized by creating an object once and then use it in many different files and projects.
My name is Gustav Nilsson and I study to become an Engineer in Computer Science at Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden. My go-to software is Blender which I have used for many years and I have grown to really love. I use it for practically everything I can since it holds such a diverse toolset. I really like teaching others and I hope you will like my course!