Mastering Concurrency: From Future to Core
What you'll learn
- Develop the ability to analyze and identify concurrency issues in Scala applications, and learn how to fix them using practical examples.
- This hands-on course is suitable for both beginner and experienced Scala developers looking to improve their understanding of concurrency
- Learn by hands-on examples how to fix concurrency issues
- Understand how different thread pool are required and used
- Learn to analyze concurrency issues on the JVM
- Configure applications like Play Framework correctly
- Basic understanding about Scala and Futures
If you are a software developer looking to improve your understanding of concurrency in Scala applications, then the Building Concurrency in Scala course is for you. Led by a Senior Scala Developer with over 15 years of experience, this hands-on course will provide you with the knowledge and tools needed to identify and fix concurrency pitfalls.
Throughout the course, you will learn about the importance of thread pools, how to deal with blocking IO, and how frameworks apply concurrency. You will also gain a deeper understanding of different ThreadPools and how to use them correctly, as well as how to monitor and tweak your applications to improve throughput or latency.
This course is designed for beginners who are familiar with Futures and experienced developers who want to gain a deeper understanding of Scala concurrency. It is hands-on, with step-by-step examples that simulate real-world applications. You will build small applications with performance issues, analyze them, and fix them.
Misusing execution contexts and thread pools can lead to poor throughput and overloaded systems. Therefore, understanding how the JVM internally works and having the right tools to analyze the problem is crucial for achieving high-performance applications. Many Scala frameworks, including Play, have dedicated chapters for the correct configuration of concurrency, highlighting the importance of properly configured concurrency.
In summary, if you want to improve your understanding of concurrency in Scala applications and learn how to identify and fix concurrency pitfalls, this hands-on Building Concurrency in Scala course is for you.
Who this course is for:
- This course is aimed at Scala developers who want to learn how to optimize concurrency performance.
- This course is designed for developers who are interested in learning how to properly configure thread pools and concurrency in their applications.
My name is Felix.
I am a Senior Scala Developer and have over 15 years of experience in software development on the Java Virtual Machine. I worked on various projects, from Scala applications with over 150 requests per second to terabytes of data that needed to be processed in real-time.
In my last project, I tuned the concurrency for one of the biggest e-commerce shops with over 3 million daily requests.
In my free time, I enjoy building IOT projects and learning Rust.