- 6.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Infrastructure as a Code and related concepts e.g. idempotence, convergence
- Chef's DSL and best practices to write Recipes, Cookbooks etc.
- Create dynamic, data driven Cookbooks with Variables and Templates
- Setup chef workstation with knife, work with chef server and bootstrap nodes
- Managing multiple environments e.g. Dev, Stage, QA, Production
- Externalising properties with Data bags
- Environments and Roles
- Overview of Chef Enterprise
- Linux Command Line Operations
- Text Editor
- Experience with installing and configuring applications
Infrastructure as a Code is one of the foundations of DevOps Automation toolchain. Chef is at the forefront of the IaaC revolutions and was the first tool amongst the four main configuration management tools including Puppet, Ansible and Saltstack .Chef is also the fastest configuration management system and provides a simple DSL (Domain Specific Language) to define the state of resources and does the heavy lifting of managing underlying platform specific operations by itself, providing users higher level of abstraction than scripts do.
The use of Chef is no more limited to servers, but has also expanded to managing all type of devices including routers, embedded systems, storage etc. With more and more organisations adopting to DevOps practices, knowledge on IaaC and tools such as Chef is essential for today's generation of DevOps professionals. This skill would also help one to advance their careers, specially for the operations, systems, networks and DevOps engineers.
This course is one of the most comprehensive programs to master Chef. It starts from most basic concepts related to Infrastructure as a Code, Convergent Infrastructures, Code and Data separation, Idempotence. It then helps you dive into the world of Chef by understanding the basics of the languages such as resources/providers, manifests, modules and then delves deeper into creating dynamic code with parameters, templates, defined types etc. Once equipped with the basics, it unlocks Chef's full potential with advanced topics such as environments, hiera, r10k, puppet enterprise, rolls and design patterns etc. This course takes from from zero to Chef master in two weeks.
- Systems Operations Personal who would like to know how to manage infrastructure at scale
- Developers who would like to setup consistent environments and software delivery using automation
- Anyone who would like to be a Devops Professional
- Anyone who is interested learning to write Infrastructure as a Code
- QA who would like to automate test environment setups and create a repeatable way