Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D: Working with surfaces
What you'll learn
- Expand existing knowledge of base models (existing ground surfaces), what data is available, and how Civil 3D interprets it.
- Innovative techniques to work efficiently and productively to produce a solid design starting point.
- Perform a civil engineering analysis of a surface from various aspects such as geo-technical and hydrological.
- 1 year Civil 3D and land development project experience.
- Solid foundation of civil engineering and surveying concepts.
- Computer with AutoCAD Civil3D installed (version 2019 or earlier)
This course will improve your existing skills of using AutoCAD Civil 3D and allow you to work more efficiently and productively. It is intended for those already in the civil engineering workforce and those looking to stand out from others and become a specialist civil designer.
The software is very comprehensive and can perform any civil engineering requirement. Yearly updates are released from Autodesk, and there is multiple third party add-ons. You can spend a life time trying to master the software and still have benefit from more training.
"The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know." - Albert Einstein
There are many training courses available which are excellent for beginners or those wanting to get an overview of a specific workflow such as a designing a road. However, this course takes a step back and looks at a variety of ways of working with Civil 3D surfaces in the initial stages of a project. It focuses on one topic in detail, a resource that is not easily found elsewhere.
Having an accurate and manageable existing base model/surface is an essential step in a design project. It is paramount to ensuring the design is feasible, safe, and able to be priced accurately.
Setting up a design project correctly is an essential skill that you cannot afford not to have.
Note: This course will be done using metric measurement terminology.
Who this course is for:
- CAD designers in the civil engineering industry looking to stand out from colleagues.
- Land surveyors wanting to improve ground data deliverables to clients or expand services offered.
A senior Civil Engineer with over 10 years work experience in New Zealand and currently a design manager at consultancy offering land development solutions to predominately private clients. Day to day he manages a team of 13 designers and to coordinate workloads, and resourcing with other departments. His role is broadly defined and involved in all aspects of a project from inception, project management, client liaison, reviews, tendering, contract administration, and construction supervision. He motivates and improve the team’s performance by being approachable, helpful, and knowledgeable. The specialist skills he uses in a design capacity are CAD and stormwater modelling using various software’s such as AutoCAD, Map3D, Civil3D, Infraworks, Tracking, and HEC-HMS/RAS.
Bachelor of Engineering (environmental) - equivalent
Chartered Civil Engineer (CPEng, CMEngNZ) through Engineering New Zealand regulatory body.