Mastering Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2020
- 4.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Delivering content that’s optimized for any screen or platform faster than ever
- Discover the advanced editing features including the trim tool and the Multicam function to get more precise edits with the trim tool to further refine their production
- Apply video effects and see how they can make your production come to life
- Make a stunning and professional-looking scene with just a green screen and a still graphic using Chroma and Luma Keying
- Sweeten your audio by editing, adding effects, and enhancing or even removing unwanted noise from recorded audio
- Give your production its own unique style by having fun with the color correction tools!
- Step outside of Premiere Pro see how it can work with other programs in the Creative Suite
- Join AfterEffects and PhotoShop files into Premiere, as well as exporting your audio track into an audition for even more audio post-production
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro is assumed.
The Adobe Premiere Pro CC multimedia application is used for video editing. It's also great for editing motion pictures for film and television.
In this course, you will gain insights into the different types of workflow, using a flexible and optimized configuration to ease your work. You will see how to do precise edits with the Trim tool to further refine your production and use its excellent Multicam feature to help you edit productions with more than one camera ease. You will also delve into video effects to see how they can make your production come to life and adjust them so that they can be adapted and enhanced over time. You'll use Chroma and Luma keying to make beautiful, professional-looking scenes with just a green screen and a still graphic. You'll enhance your audio by implementing audio editing effects and enhancements, and even remove unwanted noise from recorded audio. Finally, you'll step outside Premiere Pro and see how it works with other programs in the Creative Suite.
By the end of the course, you'll be fully up to speed with Adobe Premiere Pro and able to create stunning videos in no time! Please note that prior basic knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro is assumed for taking this course.
About the Author
Derek Prosser has more than 15 years' experience as a video editor within a television and video production environment. Currently, he works in CBC/Radio-Canada's transmission division as a Network Control Centre Technician; thus, his audio and video skills are highly developed. He was previously a Senior Creative Editor at GAPC for 7 years and worked on dozens of video productions for various clients. He is also a freelance video editor and photographer.
He specializes in video editing and key tools including Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, and Final Cut Pro. He is also an amateur radio operator: VE9DP and VA3DAP.
- This course is for video enthusiasts, video analysts, and professionals who wish to use and enjoy the varied concepts and tools within Adobe Premiere Pro in the video, image, and audio editing.
Here, review how to edit two chosen clips together in the timeline, using in and out points chosen in the source viewer.
• Choose clip from the bin and load into the source viewer
• Mark an in and out point, then copy to the timeline
• Perform the same action with a second clip and bring to the timeline
Review how to replace clips in the timeline and look at the difference between insert and overwrite editing.
• Use the replace clip feature to swap footage in the timeline
• Use match frame feature to match exact frame from source
• Display the difference between using insert and overwrite editing
Review how to add and edit video and audio transitions onto edited clips in the timeline.
• Apply the default video and audio transition between two clips
• Learn the keyboard shortcuts to apply the transitions to footage
• Review how to change the duration and position of transitions
Use the trim tool to fine tune edits.
• Select the edit in the timeline to adjust
• Open the trim edit tool
• Use the tool to adjust the edit point
We shall look at how to edit effect parameters and how to use keyframes to change effect values over time.
• Choose an effect with editable parameters and adjust them
• Place keyframes at points in time to change effects
• Place keyframes at points in time to move and size image
See how adding an adjustment layer can be a very powerful tool, when effects are needed to be applied to multiple clips.
• Create a new adjustment layer from the new menu or icon
• Place the layer in the timeline on a track above the edit
• Add an effect to the adjustment layer and observe results
Having a look at how the addition of image files to your program can bring a whole other dimension to your project.
• Import image files into the project panel
• Pay attention to their pixel size and adjust for the best fit
• Add keyframes to animate the image in the timeline
Explore the various functions of the audio tracks and how the work within Premiere. Understand how to use add more clips to your edit without disturbing the sync.
• Use Alt while scrolling to expand tracks
• Rename audio tracks to better suit your program
• Toggle sync lock on video track before adding new clips
Use audio effects and transitions to smooth out audio edits and improve sound quality. Understand the difference between the types of audio cross dissolves.
• Use Ctrl+Shift+D to apply the default transition
• Apply the proper cross dissolve depending on audio.
• Apply the Mastering effect to improve the quality of dialogue
Use keyframes to lower and raise the volume of sound, depending on when it is needed. Also, use keyframes to remove the background noise and use the denoise effect as well.
• Lower the volume of the background music when it is under dialogue
• Add and adjust keyframes as needed, using the pen tool
• Add the denoise effect to remove any background hiss
Explore using the essential sound panel to enhance dialogue and automatically adjust the background music.
• Open the essential sound panel using menu or audio workspace
• Assign appropriate audio tag to type of sound to edit
• Choose the correct preset and if possible generate keyframe option
The leave color and change color tools are two very powerful special effect color tools to change and remove colors in your video.
• Apply the Leave Color Tool and choose the color
• Apply the Change Color Tool and choose the color
• The color will change or be removed depending on effect
The Lumetri Color Panel is where it all comes together. All of the color correction effects previously used can be applied from this location.
• Open the Lumetri Color panel, by choosing color workspace
• Select clip and apply Lumetri Color effect
• Adjust color, levels, curves and so on, all from the panel
Use Adobe Dynamic Link to do audio post production in Audition, on the programs you have edited in Premiere Pro.
• Select an audio clip from timeline and import to audition
• Export your entire project into audition to edit
• Export edited audio files directly back into Premiere
When the edit is done, use the media encoder to export your program for client review or for any social media upload.
• Choose export to media encoder from the file menu
• Choose the appropriate preset you wish to encode to
• Use the special effects tab to add title or timecode
Auto reframe will allow you to automatically reframe the video shot to a predetermined sequence size, by motion tracking the main subject in the frame.
• Choose a new sequence you want to resize to
• Apply the auto reframe effect to desired clips
• Add or remove keyframes to fine tune the effect