Master Geometry: Full Curriculum with Practice
What you'll learn
- Construct the classic two-column geometric proofs
- Find missing angles and side lengths in triangles and other polygons
- Solve for sector area and arc length in circles
- Understand mathematical logic (Contrapositive, Inverse, and Converse)
- Understand congruence and similarity, including the triangle combinations like SSS, SAS, ASA, AAS, and HL
- Work with tangents, secants, and chords along with their formulas for circles
- Develop an intuition for coordinate geometry; covering distance and midpoint formulas along with parallel and perpendicular lines
- Willingness to work hard and practice the material
- A basic understanding of algebra will be beneficial
Welcome to Master Geometry!
This is a brand new course designed to help you master the difficult topics of Geometry and get you prepared for your next math course, which may be trigonometry, advanced algebra, or precalculus. I have been tutoring for many years and my students have had great experiences with my teaching methods!
Here's what students of previous classes have had to say:
Freaking awesome instructor! this has taught me a lot. - Zacchary, Udemy Student
This was an excellent course. Each topic is well explained. The intimidation of the subject is non existent with the instruction. - James, Udemy Student
Lessons were clear and engaging - Bridgette, Udemy Student
great tricks for remembering hard concepts - Babu, Udemy Student
This Master Geometry Course includes over 50 lectures that will introduce students to many topics including triangles and their angles, geometric proofs, and mathematical logic. The students' progress will be measured along the way through practice videos and quizzes that contain examples following almost every new topic. This course can be broken into a few key categories:
- Everything shapes: Students will leave this course being able to find angles and side lengths in triangles, polygons, and circles.
- Coordinate Geometry: After this course students students will understand the key aspects of coordinate geometry. This includes things like equations of parallel and perpendicular lines in addition to the distance and midpoint formulas.
- Geometric Proofs and Mathematical Logic: Students will learn the foundations of mathematical proofs and logical statements. We start at square one and by the end of the course students will be able to complete multiple step two column proofs. Proofs are often what students find most difficult about Geometry so I made sure to include multiple examples to really ensure students are understanding the topic.
- Later Math Class Preparation: Throughout the course students will be preparing for trigonometry and other future math classes such as algebra 2 or precalculus. Working with proofs, mathematical logic, and similarity will all help make these classes seem a lot easier once they begin.
Who this course is for:
- Any student currently taking Geometry
- Any homeschooling parent who wants extra resources for their child
- Anyone wanting to review math they have not done in a while
- Any student who may be looking to get ahead in their classes
Grant has a B.S in Business Administration along with a second major in Statistics and Analytics from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. His tutoring journey began in the high school cafeteria helping his friends work through some tough algebra concepts. Now Grant works with thousands of students across the globe to help them master a variety of challenging math subjects.
He is passionate about helping others achieve their goals in the world of mathematics, rather that be to simply pass a class or develop a deep understanding of a subject or concept.