Master Your Personal Brand Like a Marketing Pro
What you'll learn
- Create and refine your own personal brand identity and voice
- Identify the platform that most allows you to shine and tailor your strategy to match
- Advance your career by turning your personal brand into a business asset for your current job
- Increase your visibility with the same tools used by brand and marketing professionals
- Explore the exciting world that opens to you when you have a strong, unique personal brand
- Arm yourself with best practices to avoid the pitfalls of public visibility
- Openness to seeing yourself and being seen in new ways
- Readiness to take advantage of the opportunities that online visibility can open up
- Very basic tech skills: we’ll be utilizing not only social media tools but also other offline platforms for personal brand building
WARNING: taking personal branding seriously can change your life forever. Indeed, when I started thinking strategically about my own online identity, little did I know that a few years later I’d end up realizing my most unlikely dream: performing live on a Broadway stage!
If you also have ambitious professional and personal goals, personal branding in the digital age can be the most powerful tool in your arsenal for achieving them. But do you feel like you’ve already missed the boat in establishing an online presence? Are you intimidated by the social media landscape’s vast array of platforms, tools, and competition and don’t know where to start? Are you concerned about the potential pitfalls of online visibility?
Drawing from my experience running marketing during the early days of Facebook, I will walk you step by step through the process of creating and refining your personal brand identity and then designing and implementing your own personal strategy.
I believe passionately that every individual—young or old, seasoned professional or career beginner—should take seriously the power of personal branding in the digital age. It’s never too late to start using your personal brand to seek advancement at work or to realize a specific personal dream. Whether you are starting from scratch or already have a fleshed out plan, this course is designed to enable you to fully harness the power of personal branding.
Specifically, this course will cover:
Creating and refining your own personal brand identity and voice
Identifying the platform that most allows you to shine
Tailoring your strategy to match your chosen platform and medium
Turning your personal brand into a business asset for your current job
Increasing your visibility with the same tools used by brand and marketing professionals
Exploring the exciting world that opens to you when you have a strong, unique personal brand
Arming yourself with best practices to avoid the pitfalls of public visibility
We won’t just be talking about your personal branding, we’ll be building it together from day one. Some of specific course activities will include:
Building a content calendar with at least a month’s worth of content
Producing content in a variety of formats: images, audio, video, etc.
Practicing live hosting
Designing your own pitches for speaking engagements and press opportunities
I know that putting yourself out there can be daunting but I also know that no matter what your goals are, building a strong personal brand will get you there faster. After taking this course, a year from now you will look back and be astonished by the new opportunities and connections that the power of personal branding has unlocked for you. Let’s get started!
Who this course is for:
- Career starters looking to accelerate their advancement
- Seasoned professionals working to build industry-wide respect
- Anyone seeking to achieve an ambitious personal goal
- Career changers and pivoters hoping to open up new pathways
- Anyone who feels they are ready for a second chapter of their career. Or a third. Fourth. Tenth?
Randi Zuckerberg likes to call herself “a professional mom to entrepreneurs” because nothing gives her greater joy than supporting entrepreneurs (and entrepreneurial thinkers!) with mentorship, advice, tough love, and even a song. Randi currently works with more than 20 early- and mid-stage companies as an advisor, investor, or board director, the vast majority started and run by female founders.
Randi also has a passion for producing and creating media content that celebrates strong, smart women and girls. Through her company, Zuckerberg Media, she is the best-selling author of four books, producer of multiple television shows and theater productions, and host of a weekly radio show, Randi Zuckerberg Means Business, on SiriusXM. Randi has been recognized with an Emmy nomination, two Tony awards, a Drama Desk Award, and a Kidscreen Award. Prior to founding her own company, Randi was an early employee at Facebook, where she is best known for creating Facebook Live.
When she's not Facebooking or actual written-word booking, she can be found at the theater, on the golf course, traveling the world to speak at conferences and meet entrepreneurs, or doing her best to unplug at home with her husband and three children.