Quick introduction to influxdb
- Access and familiarity to bash and docker, needed to install the services.
- Preferably some python programming experience, required to understand the example projects.
- Familiarity with using a REST api.
UPDATE 8th Oct 2018:
I am sorry for any confusion caused by the title and description. I have now renamed the course to: "Quick introduction to influxdb" to more accurately describe the content.
Have you started checking out influxdb or any of the other components in the TICK stack? Even though the documentation is good, it can be tiring and inefficient to simply read through. Let me take you step by step through learning about the TICK stack by building projects. Each project will have a specific goal and contain lecutures with key takeways. Moreover the code is available and ready for you to temper with.
So if you are ready to speed up your learning of the TICK stack join me in building some projects!
I'll do my best to keep the lectures relevant, fun, and engaging by:
Pointing out none obvious concepts and explanations
Showing diagrams to explain concepts
Questioning your understanding
Reference influxdata documentation to help you learn more
*If you have any feedback please let me know.
**This is my first course and I have a lot to learn.
***This course is under development and I would love to get some feedback on what you want to learn next.
Who this course is for:
- Software developers who use timeseries in their product
- DevOps engineers who wants to manage their resources
- Not for frontend developers because the TICK stack resolve backend related issues
- Not for developers who has no prior knowledge about REST and databases
- Anyone who wants to use influxdb in their application
- 00:00Clone repo and follow instructions
I completed my masters degree in computer science at NTNU in the spring of 2018. Currently, I am working as a full stack developer at Rocketfarm (consulting firm placed in Sogndal, Norway).
I love watching video tutorials and writing code.
I stumbled upon timeseries during a project at work and learned about the TICK stack.
Since I have benefitted so much from other courses I would like to give back by creating my own course. I am hopeful that it will benefit others while challenging myself and improving myself with feedback from others.