Principles, Strategies, Tools for Design Thinking
What you'll learn
- How industrial design enabled Apple's turnaround story in 1997 - stock price up by ~600% in ~3 years
- How to apply the fundamental principles, strategies, tools available for design thinking
- How to measure the effectiveness of UX
- Interest in investing heavily in building powerful customer experiences
- Interest in design thinking, rapid prototyping, UI/UX
- Interest in measuring the effectiveness of UX
Industrial design was the leverage of Steve Jobs’ strategy to turn Apple around in 1997. After launch of iMac, it rose from <$5 in 1997 to $12+ in 1998 to $35+ in 2000, a ~600+% jump in ~3 years.
Design-driven companies have outperformed the S&P Index by 228% over 10 year - DMI (Design Management Institute)
Companies that foster creativity enjoy 1.5 times greater market share. 50% of design-led companies report more loyal customers. – Adobe
Through this course, you will learn a pragmatic approach to understanding the fundamental principles, strategies and tools for design thinking. Learn how you can articulate the business value of investing in building a great UX and measure its effectiveness. This course enables you to integrate your education with your work so you can apply, iterate, and innovate on the job and boost your immediate and long-term outcomes.
My mission is to provide high-quality content at affordable price. All Udemy courses are online and self-paced which makes them perfect for both students and working professionals. This course provides a high level overview on the following topics -
- How bad design results in low user satisfaction and lost revenue
- How industrial design enabled Apple's turnaround story in 1997 - stock price up by 600% in ~3 years
- How design thinking helps you build the optimal UI+UX+design
- What are the different phases of design thinking methodology
- What are the different options and tools available for rapid prototyping
- How to measure the effectiveness of UX using Google's HEART framework and Goals-Signals-Metrics (GSM) process
- What are the best practices for choosing eXperience design (XD)
- What are the different roles involved in building a UX team
Salvador, This brief course is about concept for UI UX design rather than a graphic course using software to sketch Apps
Every chapter is direct to the point, the way a designer must think in order to be able to create ideas for UX concepts
If you are thinking to buy courses about software to sketch ideas in UX, I recommend this one first
Familia Garcia, Absolutely fantastic, thank you so much, really amazing course!
Raquel Talavera, Good content and development for beginners. Thanks for the links!
Kristen Gunther, Great overview on UX!
Lufefe Zongo, it is good and absolutely easy to follow and understand, I, as a beginner in prototyping personally enjoy how it is structured.
Rapid prototyping is a low-tech trial to solve problem for your first few customers as fast as possible, using a rough or low fidelity item. The Pinocchio Technique – creating a ‘wooden’ mockup of your idea. Invest in the optimal rapid prototyping option and tool to build a minimal viable product (MVP) for running low fidelity experiments in front of your customers.
This course covers 9 rapid prototyping options, including -
· Paper Prototype
· Storyboard / Wireframes
· User Interface (UI) Mockups
· Partial Code Prototype
· Quick Code Prototype
· Video Demo
· Quality Code Prototype
This course also provides a high level overview of different tools available for rapid prototyping of UI+UX
- This course covers WHAT options and tools are available for rapid prototyping of UI+UX. Currently, this course does NOT cover HOW to use these tools.
It's becoming easier and easier to create Web sites and mobile apps. But harder and harder to measure the effectiveness of these applications. This course covers how to measure the effectiveness of UX using Google's HEART framework and Goals-Signals-Metrics (GSM) process.
Caroline Bassi, nice! very enriching! good quality of learning!
Lena Le, The topics were interesting, they flowed very well and explanations were clear
Julieta Gonzalez, Great course, very well summarized. It covered all the most important aspects and still provided all valuable information
Tetiana Troino, great course
Leona Le, The topics were interesting, they flowed very well and explanations were clear
This course includes 4 quizzes and 2 PDF downloadable resources -
· The first pdf includes links to 5 user research tools, 15 rapid prototyping tools, 5 user testing tools
· The second pdf includes my contact information. You can follow me on my blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest channels. Please check my public profile for the links.
Better products or a superior customer service are no longer enough to stand out. Technology has lowered barriers for entry and, with that, provoked a new era of competition. According to John Maeda, design partner at Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, the solution is to become a design-led company. Design-led companies invest heavily in powerful customer experiences – a key element to tackle if you want to get your customers’ attention and motivate them to keep coming back.
José Xavier, Interessante, trouxe novos conhecimentos. Muito bem organizado
(Interesting, brought new knowledge. Very well organized.)
Dhamma Gaikwad, Very good explanation about design enteric process and how innovation can help in bringing good user experience for users
Darshan L M, concepts are taught concisely a very useful content for UX designers
Manorama Mishra, its good learning
Vinay Sv, Knowledge full
Fahad Siddiqui, I think overall I am learning a lot of new things the course has to offer
Who should take this course
· Business Heads
· Consultants, Marketing Managers
· Entrepreneurs, Educators, Evangelists
· Program Managers, Product Managers, Analysts
· UI/UX Designers
There's a lot of good knowledge packed inside this course, so hesitate no more!
You get lifetime access to all video lectures plus downloadable resources
So what are you waiting for? Learn more about fundamental principles, strategies, tools for design thinking today!
I'll see you inside the course. Thank you.
Who this course is for:
- Business Heads, Consultants, Marketing Managers
- Entrepreneurs, Educators, Evangelists
- Program Managers, Product Managers, Analysts
- Anyone with interest in design thinking, rapid prototyping, UI/UX
I am a graduate with Fellow in Advanced Engineering from MIT (Cambridge, USA), Master’s in Computer Engineering from Boston University (USA), Certificate in HCI from IIT Mumbai, Certificate in Global CIO Program from ISB Hyderabad.
In US, I worked for GTE Laboratories (now Verizon), CyperPuppy Software (start-up), Bank of America. In India, I worked for Microsoft.
A seasoned thought leader with 30+ years of global experience in technical content strategy, development, editing, evangelism and program management -
• Co-authored 17 books (including 4 best sellers Oracle8 Bible, IIS Exam Cram, IIS Exam Prep, VB6 OOP), 24 articles, 5 courses and edited 14 books for publishers like John Wiley, Coriolis, Que, IDG, Jamsa Press
• Pioneered outreach program at Microsoft in collaboration with engineering, sales & marketing influencing revenue of $110M/year for 5 consecutive years (Total ~$.5B)
• Institutionalized the practice of design thinking across 7 business units of Microsoft Engineering while improving usability of the applications by ~50%
I am an invited speaker at academia institutes across India, including IIT, BITS, IIIT, NIT, IIM, ISB. I mentored setting up Microsoft Innovation Centre (MIC) at Sri Aurobindo Institute of Technology (SAIT) in Indore. I have been an invited judge for Microsoft Imagine Cup worldwide online competition for past 4 consecutive years. I have won 27 awards at Microsoft and was member of Microsoft team at Windows 8 AppFest held in Bengaluru on 21-22 Sep 2012 that set a Guinness World Record.
I am a lifelong learner who loves to learn, share and mentor. I have trained and coached thousands of students and working professionals through my skills and experience.
Follow me on my blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest channels