Methodologies and Tools for Rapid Prototyping of UI and UX
- Basic computer skills and access to Internet
- Interest in design thinking, rapid prototyping, UI, UX
- Interest in measuring the effectiveness of UX
Are you looking to understand the different methodologies and tools for rapid prototyping?
Are you interested in understanding the business value of building a great user experience (UX)?
Are you keen to build the right user experience (UX), not just building it right?
If you answered yes to these questions, this course is for you
This course is the most comprehensive introduction to fundamental principles and strategies for rapid prototyping of UI and UX -
- How bad design results in low user satisfaction
- How Apple reinvented itself by adopting design centric approach
- How user centered design methodology helps you build the right UX, not just building it right
- What are the different phases of user centered design methodology and tools you can use in each phase
- What are the different methodologies and tools available for rapid prototyping
- How to measure the effectiveness of UX using Google's HEART framework and Goals-Signals-Metrics process
- What are the best practices for choosing experience design (XD)
- How to evaluate the importance of UX and different roles involved in designing UX
Kristen Gunther, Great overview on UX!
Lufefe Zongo, it is good and absolutely easy to follow and understand, I, as a beginner in prototyping personally enjoy how it is structures.
Dhamma Gaikwad, Very good explanation about design enteric process and how innovation can help in bringing good user experience for users.
This course covers 9 rapid prototyping options, including -
Storyboard / Wireframes
User Interface (UI) Mockups
Partial Code Prototype
Quick Code Prototype
Quality Code Prototype
This course provides a high level overview of different tools available for rapid prototyping
This course covers WHAT options and tools are available for rapid prototyping
Currently, this course does NOT cover HOW to use these tools
It's becoming easier and easier to create Web sites and mobile apps. But harder and harder to measure the effectiveness of these applications. This course covers how to measure the effectiveness of UX using Google's HEART framework and Goals-Signals-Metrics process.
Julieta Gonzalez, Great course, very well summarized. It covered all the most important aspects and still provided all valuable information
Tetiana Troino, great course
Leona Le, The topics were interesting, they flowed very well and explanations were clear.
This course includes 4 quizzes and 2 pdf downloadable resources -
The first pdf includes links to 5 user research tools, 15 rapid prototyping tools, 5 user testing tools
The second pdf includes author contact information
There's a lot of good knowledge packed inside, so hesitate no more!
You get lifetime access to all video lectures plus downloadable resources
José Xavier, Interessante, trouxe novos conhecimentos. Muito bem organizado
(Interesting, brought new knowledge. Very well organized.)
Manorama Mishra, its good learning
Vinay Sv, Knowledge full
Fahad Siddiqui, I think overall I am learning a lot of new things the course has to offer
Are you ready? Let's just dive in. I'll see you inside the course. Thank you.
- Project managers, product managers, entrepreneurs who want to minimize risk and cost associated with launching new ideas
- Anyone with interest in rapid prototyping of UI and UX
- Anyone with interest in how to measure the effectiveness of UX
- Do share your feedback
- 3 examples of bad design
- The Apple Story
- Building the right thing
- Design Innovation Process
- Business Value of Great Experience
- Building confidence, Failing early when its cheaper
- Usability Study
- Quiz 1
- Rapid Prototyping Options
- Paper Prototype
- User Interface Mockups
- Partial Code Prototype
- Quick Code Prototype
- Quality Code Prototype
- Video Demo
- Quiz 2
- Rapid Prototyping Tools
- Rapid Prototyping Tools Analyzed
- Quiz 3
- How to measure UX
- The HEART Framework
- The Goals-Signals-Metrics Process
- Quiz 4
- Best practices for choosing design
- The Importance of UX
- UX Roles
- Do share your feedback
- Links to 5 user research tools, 15 speed prototyping tools, 5 user testing tools
- Connect with Ramesh Chandak
A seasoned thought leader with 20+ years of global industry experience in IT, including US and India. Ramesh has an excellent blend of customer focus, technical and analytical problem solving, technical program and strategy management, design thinking driven agile product development, business analytics, content development and tech evangelism.
Ramesh has worked with top MNCs like Microsoft, Bank of America and Verizon in senior technical leadership roles. Ramesh has co-authored 16 technical books, including best sellers - XML for Dummies, Oracle8 Bible, IIS 4 Exam Cram, IIS 4 Exam Prep. Ramesh has edited an additional 16 technical books.
Ramesh has been invited speaker at academia institutes across India, including IIT, BITS, IIIT, NIT, ISB and IIM. He mentored setting up Microsoft Innovation Centre (MIC) at Sri Aurobindo Institute of Technology (SAIT) in Indore. He has been invited judge for Microsoft Imagine Cup worldwide online competition for past 4 consecutive years. Ramesh won 27 awards at Microsoft and was member of Microsoft team at Windows 8 AppFest held in Bengaluru on 21-22 Sep 2012 that set a Guinness World Record.
Ramesh is a graduate with Fellow in Advanced Engineering from MIT (Cambridge, USA), Master’s in Computer Engineering from Boston University (USA), Certificate in HCI from IIT Mumbai, Certificate in Global CIO Program from ISB Hyderabad.
Ramesh believes himself to be a lifelong learner who loves to learn, share and mentor. He has trained and coached thousands of students and working professionals through his skills and experience.