Master the Fundamentals of Mechanics through Problem-Solving
What you'll learn
- Kinematics Problem-Solving skills
- Kinematics Equations Problem Solving
- How to solve problems involving projectile motion
- Newton's Laws of Motion Problem Solving
- Momentum and Impulse Problem Solving
- Dynamics Problem-Solving skills
- Hooke's Law and Elastic Potential Energy Problem Solving
- Pressure and Upthrust Problem Solving
- Equilibrium of Forces (Translational and Rotational) Problem Solving
- Forces Problem-Solving skills
- Energy and Work Done Problem Solving
- Power and Efficiency Problem Solving
- Work, Energy and Power Problem-Solving skills
- Uniform Vertical Circular Motion Problem Solving
- Centripetal Acceleration and Forces Problem Solving
- Circular Motion Problem-Solving skills
- Basic understanding of SI units, prefixes and measurements
- Understanding of basic Physics concepts at the GCE/IGCSE O level standard or equivalent
Welcome to this course "Master the Fundamentals of Mechanics through Problem-Solving"!
This course is designed specially for students who are: doing college-level physics, taking their IGCSE/GCE A level Physics, the IB HL/SL Physics examinations or simply anyone who is interested to learn the basics of Mechanics.
At the end of the course, and depending on which exams you are taking, you will learn most/all of the following:
Kinematics (Speed, Velocity, Acceleration, Distance and Displacement)
Kinematics (Velocity-Time Graph and Displacement-Time Graph)
Kinematics Projectile Motion
Dynamics (Impulse and Momentum)
Dynamics (Newton's Laws of Motion)
Forces (Elastic Force and Hooke's Law)
Forces (Pressure and Upthrust)
Equilibrium of Forces
Work Energy Power (Work Done by a Force)
Work Energy Power (Energy-Work Theorem)
Work Energy Power (Force and Potential Energy)
Work Energy Power (Conservation of Energy)
Work Energy Power (Power and Efficiency)
Work Energy Power Problem-Solving
Circular Motion (Angular Velocity and Linear Velocity)
Circular Motion (Centripetal Acceleration and Force)
Circular Motion (Non-Uniform Vertical Circular Motion)
Circular Motion Problem-Solving
Along the way, there will be ample practice questions and quizzes for you to get familiarized with the concepts relating to mechanics. I will also add bonus lectures in the near future to further enhance your understanding of the topics and problem-solving techniques. If you encounter any problems, please do not hesitate to contact me for more clarifications.
I hope that you will find this course useful in your academic pursuit. Enjoy the course! Cheers!
Dr Ling, PhD
Who this course is for:
- IGCSE/GCE A level Physics students
- IB Diploma Physics students
- College students who need good problem-solving skills in mechanics
- Learners who are interested to learn more about Mechanics problem-solving techniques
Hi everyone! I am Dr Daniel Ling and I am a lecturer in Singapore with more than 16 years of experience teaching and tutoring Math and Physics. I have taught students from various top schools in Singapore such as the Raffles Girls’ School, Dunman High School, Catholic High School (CHS), Nanyang Girls’ High School, Nanhua High School, ACS(Independent), SJI, School of the Arts, Xinmin Sec School, Holy Innocents’ High School, Raffles Institution (formerly Raffles JC), National JC, St Andrew JC, Serangoon JC, Nanyang JC, Jurong JC, Tampines JC etc.
Currently, I am an associate lecturer at a private school where I teach Physics and Mathematics to both local and international students under the school’s GCE O/A Levels preparatory courses.
I possesses a bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering (2nd Upper Hons) from NUS, a Post-Graduate Diploma in Education (Credit) from NIE, a MBA from Australian Institute of Business and a Master of Education (M.Ed) from Aspen University, United States, specializing in curriculum development and outcome assessment. I also hold a PhD in Education from Asia e University.
I am passionate about mathematics and physics and I hope to share my passion with all my students!