Master the Fundamentals of Calculus
What you'll learn
- Basic Techniques of Differentiation
- Chain Rule, Product Rule and Quotient Rule
- Differentiation of Algebraic Expressions
- Differentiation of Trigonometric Functions
- Differentiation of Exponential Functions
- Differentiation of Logarithmic Functions
- Concept of Stationary Points
- Applications of Differentiation
- Integration and its Relationship with Differentiation
- Basic Techniques of Integration
- Definite Integration
- Applications of Integration
- Basic understanding of Trigonometry, Algebra, Indices, Exponential Functions, Logarithms, Graphing, Coordinate Geometry
Welcome to this course "Master the Fundamentals of Calculus"!
This course is designed specially for students who are: doing college-level mathematics, taking their IGCSE/GCE A levels or the IB SL/HL Mathematics examinations. Students who are taking the IGCSE/GCE O levels pure mathematics are also welcome to read this course for advanced enrichment.
What you will learn:
At the end of the course, and depending on which exams you are taking, you will learn most/all of the following
Concept of limits
Chain rule, Product rule and Quotient rule
Differentiation of Algebraic functions, Trigonometric functions, Exponential functions, Logatihmic functions etc
Concept of Stationary Points
Applications of Differentiation - Maxima/Minima, Connected Rates of Change, Gradient/Tangents/Normal, Kinematics
Finite and Infinite Integration
Applications of Integration - Area under Graph, Volume of Revolution, Kinematics
Along the way, there will be quizzes and practice questions for you to get familiarized with Calculus. There are also further practices which will enhance your understanding of the topic. More practice questions will be added in the near future to provide ample opportunities for students to improve on their Calculus fundamentals.
If you encounter any problems, please do not hesitate to contact me for more clarifications.
I hope that you will find this course useful in your academic pursuit. Enjoy the course! Cheers! ;-)
Dr. Ling M K Daniel, PhD
Who this course is for:
- Students who are taking the GCE/IGCSE 'A' level Mathematics
- Students who are taking the IB Diploma SL/HL Mathematics
- Students who are going to study Engineering or any Mathematics-intensive courses at universities and need a good Calculus foundation
- Students who are taking the GCE/IGCSE 'O' level Pure Mathematics
- Any learner who has a keen interest to recap or learn Calculus for FUN!
Hi everyone! I am Dr Daniel Ling and I am a lecturer in Singapore with more than 16 years of experience teaching and tutoring Math and Physics. I have taught students from various top schools in Singapore such as the Raffles Girls’ School, Dunman High School, Catholic High School (CHS), Nanyang Girls’ High School, Nanhua High School, ACS(Independent), SJI, School of the Arts, Xinmin Sec School, Holy Innocents’ High School, Raffles Institution (formerly Raffles JC), National JC, St Andrew JC, Serangoon JC, Nanyang JC, Jurong JC, Tampines JC etc.
Currently, I am an associate lecturer at a private school where I teach Physics and Mathematics to both local and international students under the school’s GCE O/A Levels preparatory courses.
I possesses a bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering (2nd Upper Hons) from NUS, a Post-Graduate Diploma in Education (Credit) from NIE, a MBA from Australian Institute of Business and a Master of Education (M.Ed) from Aspen University, United States, specializing in curriculum development and outcome assessment. I also hold a PhD in Education from Asia e University.
I am passionate about mathematics and physics and I hope to share my passion with all my students!