Learn Public Speaking in 21 Easy Steps
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- overcome the fear of public speaking
- gain confidence in themselves
- develop a speech competently, for short or long speeches
- deliver a blockbuster performance
- make your audience want more and more
- become more competent and confident public speakers
- prepare and perform engaging presentations
- engage their audiences in an effective manner
- You should have a reason to speak. Whether you have an upcoming speech, or starting a job where you will deliver more presentations
- A student should have a desire to overcome their nerves and deliver impactful material to help their audiences.
Are you looking to become a more confident and competent speaker? Then you have come to the right place! This course is designed for those who are looking to take their speaking skills to the next level. Whether you have no experience, or you have been speaking for years, this course will help you master the fundamentals and introduce you to new concepts you may never have heard before.
The course seeks to help you accomplish three main goals: 1) eliminate your fear of public speaking, 2) learn the components of a speech and how to properly organize one, and 3) master actual speaking techniques to help you deliver a blockbuster presentation.
Whether you speak or give presentations frequently, or you are preparing for a certain speech coming up, this will be sure to help you. All that is needed is time, patience, and a willingness to learn. This content can be devoured on your first go, though I suggest you take it slowly to take notes to really understand and digest the material.
- This course is designed with people who have limited or no experience in public speaking and/or those with experience looking to learn new skills for a well rounded approach to developing and delivering a speech. This course is probably not for you if you are looking to learn more advanced speaking techniques.
Often times we are scared to give a speech because we are afraid we might make mistakes or appear silly in front of an audience. The truth is, everyone makes mistakes, even the pros. This lecture will help you get out of that perfectionism and change the F word in your mind, from Failure to Feedback .
You will be most nervous during the first 30 seconds of your speech. And guess what? So is everyone who performs! Most likely your nerves will subside after that first 30 second shock. What you do in that time can set your whole speech up for success.
This section dives into the topic of organizing a speech. Before you ever prepare a speech though, you need to know exactly why you are speaking. Do not save this important part until you come up with the conclusion. Decide this before you ever put the pen to paper.
Transitions are the magical little connections you probably never noticed exist that help you go from point to point and have a more smooth flow to your speech.
If you want to create an impactful speech, you must learn the art of "The Pause." Yes, you must learn to enhance your speaking by NOT speaking. It sounds easy but when you are on stage, a one second pause seems like an eternity. Watch this lecture to help you deliver a more powerful speech and leave your audience remember your most important points.