Learn SURFACING In SOLIDWORKS On Real Life Examples
What you'll learn
- All tools for creating a surface objects in Solidworks
- Practice on the real life examples
- Learn skills to pass Professional Advanced Surfacing (CSWPA-SU) exam
- Solidworks 2016 software or newer version
- Basic knowledge of Windows PC
- Basic part modeling knowledge
This course covers all surface tools you will find in Solidworks. So you will learn how to work with surfaces from the beginner to professional level. And that not only by watching and repeating what is in video lectures. Course contains a chapter with real life examples that you will have to create by yourself following textual tutorials like joystick, bottle, shovel, candle holder and bowl. Plus there is a project assignment, where you will have to create Vintage Plane. But don't worry, each tool will be shown and explained in lectures.
On top of that, there is also a chapter with the sample exam in the case you wanna become Professional Advanced Surfacing (CSWPA-SU). With this exam you will get familiar with types of question you will find on the real exam.
Solidworks is the most popular design tool for creating 3D products and technical drawings. Millions of people use it to design anything from 3D-printed toys all the way up to mechanical vehicles, heavy machines and different products of everyday life.
What this course covers?
1. Course starts with with tools that are needed to create a sketch like Spline creation and 3D Curve creation before using surface tools.
2. After that are shown all the tools for creating a surface such as: Extrusion, Revolve, Boundary surface, Swept, Lofted, Filled Surface, Planar Surface, Offset Surface, Ruled Surface, Freeform Surface.
3. Last video lectures cover surface modifying tools as: Trimming surface, Cut with surface, Extend surface, Fillet, Thickening surface, Untrimming surface, Knit surface and few more.
What makes this course different?
1. All surface tools. Course explains each surface tool in Solidworks.
2. Real life examples. Students have to create real objects such as joystick, bottle, shovel, candle holder and bowl using surface tools.
3. Project. Polish your skills by creating a vintage plane.
4. Sample exam with video tutorial for preparing students for Professional Advanced Surfacing (CSWPA-SU) Exam.
5. No experience. This course will teach you from zero. You don't need to have experience at all.
With this knowledge that you will gain here you will be ready to dive into the industry environment and work on real design problems. As well you will have skills needed to pass Professional Advanced Surfacing (CSWPA-SU) Exam.
If you find that any of this would beneficial for you and will help you to achieve your goals, ENROLL and begin your CAD journey!
Who this course is for:
- Beginners, intermediate and advanced students
- Individuals who want to learn or level up surface skills
- Individuals preparaing for Professional Advanced Surfacing (CSWPA-SU) exam
My name is Alen Oletic and I am founder of Engineering&CAD School. I'm mechanical engineer and Solidworks Professional with experience in creating 3D modeling and technical drawings of welding spot machines, standard and special purpose configurations.
After graduating with Master's degree in mechanical engineering I started my professional career as a online programmer of industrial welding robots. Including defining MIG/MAG welding technology, installation, calibration and service of welding robot units.
Partially I started with 3D modeling and later fully transit to designing which is now my full time job. For few years I've been tutoring high school and college students as well elders in Math, Strength of Material, Mechanics, Physics and Solidworks.