Intro to Shopify Theme and Store Development with Liquid
What you'll learn
- Become a Shopify Developer!
- Start a career as a Shopify freelancer/developer.
- Shopify Development using Liquid.
- Advanced Shopify Theme Development Techniques like Schema, Blocks, Sections, and Snippets.
- How to create professional Shopify Stores.
- Shopify Theme Structure.
- Some knowledge of HTML & CSS.
- Some knowledge of programming.
"The course moves at a great speed. Learned a lot to assess websites and be able to start customizing real Shopify stores." - Nick
"this is a very in-depth tutorial and it helps you set up shopify super fast." - Ronald H.
Intro to Shopify Development and Customization with Liquid: Learn How to Create Shopify Stores like the Professionals.
I am here to help you succeed. If you feel that any lecture is not in depth enough for you, please let me know in the Q&A or message me directly and I will help you anyway that I can to further explain the topic.
In this course you will learn:
1. Why Shopify is so Popular?
2. Opening a Shopify Partners Account (Why it is super important to know your Partner Dashboard).
3. Connecting the Shopify Store to your computer using ThemeKit.
4. Understanding the folder structure of a Store (Layout, Templates, Sections, Snippets, Assets, and Locales).
5. Learning the Liquid Templating Language (For loops, if statements, Shopify Objects and Filters).
6. How to edit the code of your Shopify Store and create custom Pages and Sections using Blocks.
7. Where to go to learn more and the next steps to mastering the platform (Developing Shopify Apps and React Frontend).
Liquid is an open-source template language created by Shopify and written in Ruby. It is the backbone of Shopify themes and is used to load dynamic content on storefronts.
Liquid has been in production use at Shopify since 2006 and is now used by many other hosted web applications such as:
Adobe Business Catalyst
Simplicant (Applicant Tracking System)
3scale (API Management System)
Planning Center Services
Planning Center Resources
MobiCheckin (registration forms)
Vero (Email Marketing Software)
Unsound Music Festival
Growing with the Web
DotNest (Orchard CMS SaaS)
Taxi for Email
Sorry™ for Status Page Theming
Carnival .io by Sailthru
Who this course is for:
- Beginner to Intermediate Shopify Developers.
- Developers curious in learning about the Shopify platform.
- UX/UI Designers interested in designing Shopify Stores.
- Store owners who want to customize their own stores.
- Store owners who want to have a better understanding of the code behind their store.
Working With Shopify is a Toronto, Canada based education community focused on creating high quality e-learning courses for Shopify Developers, Designers, Agencies, Merchants, and anyone else working with the Shopify platform.
We have a passion for breaking down tough topics and teaching it.
Sign up and join us on this amazing adventure!