Master Practitioner in Emotional Intelligence (CERTIFIED)
What you'll learn
- Determine how you can work with emotional intelligence to improve results and quality
- Develop ways that you can build your interpersonal skills and enhance your relationships
- Recognise ways that you can perform within the emotional climate of your work environment
- Identify habitual emotional patterns and thought patterns that influence interactions
- Assess the drive and motivation of others to influence and persuade with success
- Identify ways to work with emotions to solve problems increasing your effectiveness in stressful situations and develop resilience
- Evaluate your leadership skills and apply them to your career progression and the career progression of others
- Gain recognised accreditation from The Institute of Leadership and Management enabling you to use the post-nominals M. Inst. LM after your name
- Whilst no previous experience of emotional intelligence is necessary to take this course, the Master Practitioner qualification is intended for people who are keen to build their knowledge and skills in emotional intelligence and apply these in a work context.
- You will be interested in developing a deeper understanding and awareness of the application of emotional intelligence at work, in social settings and at home.
- This course can be studied anywhere with a stable internet connection using a laptop, tablet or mobile device, and a pen or pencil for notes and the practical activities
- A willingness to put the learning from the course into practice and apply emotional intelligence in the workplace.
Develop emotional intelligence in yourself and others using advanced techniques of awareness and action through individually tailored communication and authentic leadership.
Leadership competencies essential to effective performance are related to emotional intelligence - a key skill to meet the business challenges of today and for the 2020's. Leaders high in emotional intelligence are more effective at building and maintaining relationships and managing conflict.
People trained in emotional intelligence show an increase in capabilities within a few weeks, which is sustained over the long term and helps them to further their careers. There are measurable improvements in decision making, influence and quality of life, and in creating value through people for people.
The Master Practitioner in Emotional Intelligence programme is a course for you if you are confident in working with your emotional intelligence at all levels in an organisation - even with people who you perceive as being more senior to you.
The Master Practitioner in Emotional Intelligence course covers the application of emotional intelligence with a business focus in different circumstances to improve and enhance performance.
The Master Practitioner in Emotional Intelligence course is not just about deepening knowledge and skill levels, it is also about developing the wisdom that enables you to generate a greater clarity of others and real understanding in others.
Reviewing diverse scenarios within work, emotional intelligence approaches are considered with emphasis on how emotional data can be applied in managing stress, in decision making and in building authentic relationships.
This Master Practitioner in Emotional Intelligence course is FULLY ACCREDITED with The Institute of Leadership.
The Master Practitioner in Emotional Intelligence course delves into detail about
Emotional and Social Intelligence and leadership
Communication and human factors
Managing stress and developing stress tolerance; self and others
The influence of emotion in decision making
Using assertion to build collaboration and manage conflict
Ethics and social corporate responsibility
Ways to develop emotional intelligence are explored along with a variety of techniques to work with emotional intelligence when you are working as a coach and leader.
Your emotional intelligence skills and techniques can be applied in business, sports, education, coaching, therapy, or just your own personal development.
The Master Practitioner in Emotional Intelligence course will give you deep insights but, as you know, developing emotional intelligence will take time and effort, and even then you are not going to get it right all the time!!
Throughout this emotional intelligence course you will be guided through the competencies of emotional intelligence along with activities, exercises, quizzes and worksheets that will help you to understand where you are now and how to improve. Your knowledge and understanding is easily transferable to help you work with others with the aim of improving their emotional intelligence.
The Master Practitioner in Emotional Intelligence course contains full course notes and several practical activities to put into practice and apply your learning.
These practical activities are completed as a part of the course. They are designed to help you to investigate how you view your emotional intelligence and how others view your emotional intelligence.
They can be used when working with individuals and teams to support their understanding and development of emotional intelligence.
The activities involve some engagement and interaction with other people and some reflection. They will help to guide you on what you need to change and how you need to change as well as how you can work with others to affect change.
A Master Practitioner in Emotional Intelligence will be rewarded for the extra study time and practical time spent applying the skills with others by developing a deep understanding of the subject, techniques and how the different practices interact with each other to produce their results.
Completing this course, you will be able to:
Determine how you can work with emotional intelligence to improve results and quality
Develop ways that you can build your interpersonal skills and enhance your relationships
Recognise ways that you can perform within the emotional climate of your work environment
Identify habitual emotional patterns and thought patterns that influence interactions
Assess the drive and motivation of others to influence and persuade with success
Identify ways to work with emotions to solve problems increasing your effectiveness in stressful situations and develop resilience
Evaluate your leadership skills and apply them to your career progression and the career progression of others
Gain recognised accreditation from The Institute of Leadership enabling you to use the post-nominals MIoL after your name.
** This Master Practitioner in Emotional Intelligence course is FULLY ACCREDITED with The Institute of Leadership.
Since 1947, The Institute of Leadership has carried out extensive research into the knowledge, skills, attitudes, behaviours and values of great leadership. They use their expertise to continually raise standards and to help others develop and grow.
The Institute of Leadership recognises high quality, bespoke leadership and management training that will enhance your career. Courses are accredited that meet their high standards for quality learning and are contemporary, engaging and focus on improving practice.
The Institute of Leadership sets out best practice in management and leadership and is internationally recognised for their expertise in supporting leadership growth and development with the latest thinking and resources.
On completion of this course you will be able to apply to become a Professional Member of The Institute of Leadership and Management and use the letters MIoL after your name. Professional Membership is offered at a discounted fee. (Details are contained within the course).
There are 15 practical activities included within the course that require you to engage with the people that you work with. This will not only take some effort, but it means that the course will take longer to complete than the 11+ hours indicated.
The course contains a series of Lightbulb Moments resource cards, which have been created to provide you with handy reminders of key points around topics covered within the course.
All PDFs can be completed online and are Section 508 / ADA Accessibility compliant.
All videos are High Definition recorded in 1080p.
All videos have grammatically correct English captions.
Latest update - February 2024
Who this course is for:
- The Master Practitioner in Emotional Intelligence is for anyone competent in the skills and techniques of emotional intelligence
- This course will be of interest to you if you are a leader in a team or in a management role and seeking to enhance and develop your career
- This course will be of interest to you if you contribute to decision making within an organisation at either operational, tactical, or more strategic leve
- This course will be of interest to you if you are involved in supporting people and organisations to meet their goals
- This course will be of interest to you if you want to formalise your knowledge and experience with emotional intelligence with a well- recognised institute - The Institute of Leadership and Management
Hi. I'm Robin Hills. I am an emotional intelligence coach, trainer and facilitator with over 40 years' business and commercial experience. I provide knowledge and skills that help people understand themselves and others better.
I have the most comprehensive range of on-line courses based on emotional intelligence in business - not only on Udemy but anywhere on the internet. I am not teaching any other types of course as I am a specialist in emotional intelligence and it is the focus of my business.
My courses go beyond the fundamental basics of emotional intelligence covering many aspects of how it can be applied in day to day work to lead, grow and develop people in ways that build authentic relationships.
My work takes me into small start-ups through to large corporate multi-nationals and into the Public Sector with financial institutions, government departments and health departments, as well as charities. This provides me a practical understanding of how emotional intelligence works and applied in the real world, enabling me to keep up to date with relevant issues.
I'm a registered practitioner with the British Psychological Society and an active member of the NW committee of the Association for Business Psychology.
My company is Ei4Change (Emotional Intelligence 4 Change) - recognised nationally and internationally as specialists with expertise in training, personal development and coaching focusing on emotional intelligence, positive psychology and neuroscience in the workplace. Our emotional intelligence programmes are accredited by the Institute of Leadership.
Over the last few years, I have delivered workshops at global emotional intelligence and neuroscience conferences. These have been held at Harvard University, at University of Manchester, in Cape Town, the Middle East and India.
I am the author of
- The Authority Guide to Emotional Resilience: Strategies to weather storms and manage stress in the workplace (published May 2016)
- The Authority Guide to Behaviour in Business: How to build successful and powerful relationships (published November 2017)
Both are available on Amazon.
Teaching emotional intelligence skills is a challenge at the best of times so these courses require you to take some ACTION and put into practice what you have learnt. I am here to support and guide you.
The learning process I use on Udemy is designed to work with you and the challenges you are facing today and tomorrow. It is practice-driven, evidence-based and directly helps you to improve your capacity to change.
Many of my Udemy courses offer you the chance to win a valuable prize as you work through the course.
All learners gain access to additional resources to develop emotional intelligence outside of Udemy, including a free book, podcasts and subscription to a digital magazine - ei-matters.
I look forward to empowering your emotional management.