Master WordPress Plugins: Shortcodes Ultimate - The Basics
- Basic knowledge of creating posts and pages in WordPress
First, a Little History. What is Shortcodes Ultimate?
Shortcodes Ultimate is a super plugin that every WordPress site owner or administrator should have in their list of plugins. Why? Because it makes adding cool features to websites very easy without any coding, CSS or HTML. All the coding is done in the plugin and your WordPress pages and posts look amazing!
First of all, what are shortcodes?
In case you have not heard of shortcodes in WordPress, they are simple pieces of content that you can insert into pages or posts and they return amazing features to your website. An example of a shortcode would be [today] which will return today's date. You only enter [today] and the shortcode will figure out the correct date to display, so it always shows the current date.
The Current Version of Shortcodes Ultimate
The current version of Shortcodes Ultimate gives you 55 shortcodes to add any way you see fit to make your content stand out and be presented more professionally. In this course, I cover the easiest, most basic shortcodes which are ones that I use every day on my WordPress sites.
This course shows you how to insert only a partial list of shortcodes (the most basic shortcodes) from Shortcodes Ultimate plugin.
- YouTube videos
- photo galleries
- notes, boxes, frames
- and more
What Is Presented In This Course?
This course presents about 15 of the most popular shortcodes that any WordPress admin or webmaster can add. I teach you the following:
- how to select the shortcodes to your pages and posts
- fill out the forms to create the shortcodes
- insert the shortcodes
- how to filter and narrow the list of 55 shortcodes to find exactly what you need and are looking for
- how to apply CSS classes to further format each shortcode.
- issues with some of the shortcodes
- Web designers who want to lighten the load and coding to create awesome looking web page features
- WordPress administrators who want to improve the look of their websites without coding
- Web developers who want to code less to get the same effect as manual coding for features including accordions, tabs, lightboxes, photo galleries and more
- Thursday, January 21, 2016: 5 New Shortcode Videos Added Today
- Welcome. Introduction from the Instructor and Our Course Objectives.
- Introduction to Shortcodes Ultimate
- Adding a Fancy Drop Cap
- Breaking Text into an Animated Accordion
- Animated Accordion, Part 2
- PROJECT: Accordion Shortcodes
- Shortcodes Ultimate Issue 1
- Presenting Content in Vertical and Horizontal Tabs
- PROJECT: YouTube Advanced: Create a YouTube Playlist
- Adding Colorful Notes: Boxes Without a Title
- Dividers: Horizontal Rules Pretty Cousin
- Frames: Adding Borders To Images, Text, and Other HTML Elements
- Boxes: The Fancy Cousin Of The Notes Shortcode
- Adding YouTube Videos
- YouTube Advanced with More Controls
- Image Galleries
- Image Carousels
- Galleries/Carousels: Issue To Watch Out For With Category Pages
- Shortcodes Ultimate Quiz 2
- Bonus Lecture: Learn More Advanced Shortcodes
I am the first official web design coach mentoring over 5,000 web designers and developers. I have designed and developed over 1,000 websites in the past 20 years for companies of all sizes from small businesses to major Fortune 500 corporations. Being the owner of a prestigious online mall for web developers, I have programmed everything from WordPress to Drupal to Joomla to simple HTML5.
Involved in the WordPress Community. I am also a speaker at WordCamps (worldwide WordPress conferences) in the United States.
The Music, The Songwriting
I love writing, recording, and producing music, mainly my own originals. I play sax and piano and have over 150 songs. Yes, I should have gone for that record deal, but I still enjoy the process of making music!