Master Machine Translation Post Editing & Emerging Jobs
What you'll learn
- How does machine translation work?
- What are the popular machine translation engines?
- What are the common machine translation flaws?
- How to pre-edit for machine translation?
- How to evaluate raw machine translation output?
- How to post-edit raw machine translation output?
- What are the post editor's qualifications?
- What is the future of MT and linguists?
- Nothing except an ambitious learner!
- No prior experience is required to take this course. We will teach you EVERYTHING you need to start working on MT related jobs.
This course is a journey into the Machine Translation (MT) world, that is rapidly affecting the translation market. During this journey, the learner will delve into how MT works and the history of MT engines. The learner will be equipped with all the necessary skills, along with tips and tricks, to know how to evaluate and post-edit MT output. It consists of four modules. Each module contains one or more than one quiz along with helpful downloadable resources to get started.
In this course, we follow ADDIE's model. Thus, we
Analysed market needs for post-editors, in addition to the available MTPE courses. It complies with ISO Standard 18587 for MTPE.
Designed the course using the ROPES model to ensure maximum benefit for our learners and help them to encode MTPE skills into their long-term memory. Thus, they can make use of these skills even after a long period of training.
Developed the course using a variety of illustrative methods and quizzes.
Implemented the course to be self-paced, to ensure that our learners are freed from time and place limitations.
Evaluated the course and its impact on learners' skills before publishing it.
Who this course is for:
- Post Editors
Locademy is a learning community developed by Transparent. It is designed to help bridge the gap between theory and practice in the localization industry. It equips translators, project managers, and proofreaders with the needed and updated knowledge to perform their roles. It contains self-paced online courses, webinars, and interactive forums.