Master Your Portraits with Luminosity Masks in Photoshop
What you'll learn
- All about RGB channels and the smart way they can be transformed into selections and masks
- The complete manual process of luminosity masks creation in Photoshop
- How to create with 1-click a full set of luminosity masks using Photoshop Actions
- Next-level image evaluation skills for an optimal editing process
- The best ways to use adjustment layers for true non-destructive editing
- Professional color grading techniques
- Time-saving keyboard shortcuts
- Ideally Photoshop CC, trial free version is more than enough
- No prior knowledge of Photoshop is necessary, I will explain all the techniques in a simple way
- We will work with high quality images provided as supplementary materials to help you move on even faster!
Photoshop opens the door to endless creative possibilities by empowering you to easily make multiple, selective adjustments using layers. Luminosity masks provide you with a greater level of control and the ability to quickly and efficiently perform advanced adjustments.This course teaches you how to approach your photo editing workflow in a comprehensive, non-destructive manner. You will benefit from expert insights and pro techniques that will elevate your work with lighting and color to a new level of mastery and impact.
Sharpen Your Skills
Create Pixel-Perfect Masks
By the end of the course, you’ll confidently be able to create a full set of luminosity masks with the Photoshop Actions provided, or, if you prefer, create them manually.
Make Dramatic & Seamless Luminosity Adjustments
Using luminosity masks to introduce evoking, elaborate lighting effects, you’ll be able to seamlessly add mood and depth to your images — for stunning results.
Devise a Non-Destructive Workflow
Learn how to combine masks and adjustment layers to achieve your creative vision and maintain a high level of flexibility. Create in no time alternative versions of one photo, or revisit your artwork in the future to bring new ideas to life with a few strategic adjustments.
Enjoy Powerful Color Grading
You have unique ideas about color — luminosity masks help bring your wildest concepts to life. With luminosity-based, pixel-perfect selections, you can try original color combinations and always achieve natural-looking results. Injecting a specific color into selected luminosity range has never been easier. Want to add to your shadows a hint of blue? With luminosity masks you can achieve this and much more in just in a few seconds.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for aspiring photographers who want to improve their photo editing skills
- This course is for anyone who is curious about professional Photoshop techniques behind successful images
- This course is for artists who want to introduce digital techniques into their creative process
- This course is for anyone who wants to develop artistic skills in fields of creative photo processing
Like you, I’m an artist. I’m passionate about creating personal, meaningful and captivating artwork. I love the freedom of the medium, as it allows - and perhaps encourages - unexpected moments that are both surprising and delightful.
Your vision is unique, and my goal is to assist you on your path to realize your artistic dreams. It’s my mission to support and nourish your talent with the tools necessary to take your photography to the next level. Sharing my experience and helping you develop your visual language helps me evolve as a teacher and enriches me as a human being.
I consider myself extremely lucky to be able to interact with people all over the world who share the same passion as me. It’s honestly my greatest thrill and source of fulfillment to foster the growth and development of the DAC community of photographers.
A born-and-raised Polish girl with a passion for artistic self-expression and adventure, I trained at the Eugeniusz Geppert Academy of Art and Design in Wroclaw, Poland and graduated with a Master of Fine Arts in 2003. Photography has been my medium of choice for 20 years, starting in darkrooms and now, in the digital space. I am a featured photography skills teacher on several prominent online educational platforms and am thrilled that over 70,000 students from 183 countries around the world have joined my courses and developed their photography skills with me. It’s a great honor and delight to be engaged in this work — and it’s the best way I know of to make friends on all seven continents! As you can probably tell, I’m an obsessive learner who spends time watching, reading, photographing, editing, creating and selling educational courses.
Thank you for taking the time to visit. I’m happy we’re connected and I’m excited for the journey ahead.