Master How to Install a Windows Server for a Small Business
What you'll learn
- Describe the basic principles of server virtualisation
- Choose the right server for a small business.
- Configure an ideal server using the Dell website
- Learn about a UPS device and how to choose the most appropriate one.
- Learn how to install Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials software on a server using a DVD or bootable USB.
- Completely configure a server host including install anti-virus and configuring Windows updates.
- Add a virtual server using Hyper-V
- Build and configure a Windows virtual server.
- Learn about DHCP and how to create a DHCP scope.
- Integrate Server 2012 R2 Essentials with Office 365
- How to create user account and set password policy
- Add computers to the new server domain.
- Enable and configure computer backups, file history and folder redirection
- How to configure a local server backup
- How to configure a cloud based backup using Microsoft Azure.
- Configure remote access using RWA
- Learn how to add printers to the small business network.
- Monitor the health of the server
- Students will need a basic knowledge of IT networks
- Students will need a basic knowledge of Windows operating systems
There are small businesses everywhere using bad IT systems. Companies grow and their IT doesn’t grow with them. Small business owners are frustrated that there aren’t enough good IT people to come along and give them an IT system which is safe, secure and flexible.
At the heart of any good small business IT system should be a server. A server is the glue which holds everything together – files, folders, security and remote access.
Using my 18 years’ experience in IT, I will teach you everything you need to know about installing an IT system for a small business. We clarify a small business to be one with between 5-25 computers.
The course will not only teach you the theory behind everything, but you will also watch over my shoulder as I configure a real server for a small business.
Here is your opportunity to be an IT super hero!
In this course you will learn:
- The exact hardware and software you need to buy for your customer.
- The basics of server virtualisation and why your customer needs to be using it.
- How to install Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials as a Virtual Host
- How to configure and create a Virtual Server.
- What anti-virus software you need to keep the server safe.
- How to integrate your server with Microsoft Office 365.
- How to create users and add computers to your new network.
- All about backup and restore; how to backup your computers and your server.
- We’ll configure a cloud backup using Microsoft Azure.
- You’ll learn how to enable the server for remote access using an SSL certificate
- How to monitor the health of the server so you can earn ongoing revenue as the IT guy!
- Much much more!
When you’ve finished the course and learnt the skills, you will be able to confidently install a Microsoft Windows Server for a small business.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone who wants to start their own IT consultancy and make a great income.
- This course is for anyone who is responsible for the IT in a business with between 5-25 computers.
- This course is for anyone who works in a basic IT role and want to extend their knowledge.
- This course is for anyone who owns an IT consultancy who wants a cost effective way to train their tech support staff.
- This course is NOT for anyone who doesn't have a basic knowledge if IT or networks.
I've worked in the world of IT and technology since I left school at 17 years old (that's 18 years!). I started my career working for a large UK bank and I've also worked for local councils and legal firms within the technology department.
I've been a Microsoft Certified Professional since the year 2000 and am committed to learning and gaining expertise as the technology world continues to evolve.
For the past 10 years I have owned and managed my own IT consultancy in the UK, which helps small businesses get the very best from their technology.
I've worked with literally hundreds of small businesses and continue to support them today.
My real area of expertise is working with small businesses with between 5 and 25 computers. All my courses will be aimed at people who want to help business of this size with their technology needs.