Devtools Pro: Beginner to Expert w/ Chrome Developer Tools
What you'll learn
- Modify live webpages and test out new ideas quickly
- Quickly build and test scripts live without ever refreshing the browser
- Diagnose and fix problems with existing code
- Optimize loading, memory and performance issues
Do you want to become an expert web developer?
I've worked with tons of different platforms from PC to Playstation, and nothing beats the power of Google Chrome Developer Tools. Let's take advantage of that.
This course is the comprehensive guide to DevTools. We start with simple styling examples, and use tools like the colorpicker and box shadow editor to design our pages. But we move quickly to advanced topics like using the Audits panel to understand slow page performance, and the memory panel to understand why our app might be leaking memory.
- I learned a lot of things I didn't know about although I've used Devtools for many years. -Bernard Niset
- My first Udemy course, but I enjoyed it thoroughly. I have some prior experience with chrome dev tools, but there were still some tips I will be taking with me from this course - Stephen Wong
- The instructor is clear and concise and the course is loaded with information. There are even some valuable nuggets for experienced developers! - Tom Fitch
Here's a sample of what you'll be able to achieve after taking this class:
- Add advanced styling with built-in editors like the animations panel and the transitions editor.
- Analyze network calls, and even hack the dinner reservation system on Yelp.
- Speed up your page load speeds with Audits and Lighthouse to make your site blazingly fast.
- Profile and fix rendering, CPU and memory bottlenecks.
Every minute of this course provides valuable information and there is minimal repetition and typing. The course was built in 2017 with a prerelease version of Chrome and even demonstrates the use of experimental features such as Workspaces 2.0.
For the beginners, I start slow, but work quickly towards advanced usage, and for the experts, I've made sure to sprinkle in original techniques to improve your web pages that can't be found anywhere else.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone with an interest in taking their web development skills to the next level.
- Developers / Programmers / Software Engineers
- UI/UX Designers
- Project / Product Managers
Rocco is founder of SIMMER .io, a place for developers to share their WebGL content. WebGL is an open standard on the web that enables 3D graphics in the web browser.
Previously, Rocco was a Senior Developer at TINT where he focussed on frontend development and user experience. He has 15+ years of development experience and has shipped dozens commercial video games and web applications over his career.
He taught Computer Science II and was a teacher's assistant for Java Enterprise Programming at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, and occasionally speaks at industry events such as ForwardJS, HTMLDevConf and Unity Unite.
He's a volunteer mentor at MissionBit in San Francisco where he teaches public high school students how to begin web programming.
When he's not writing code or teaching, he enjoys skiing, bike riding and traveling.