Master English Writing | Syntax, English Grammar, and More
What you'll learn
- Learn the surprisingly simple fundamentals of clear and natural writing
- Master English syntax for writing paragraphs that flow (important for essays)
- Gain an intuitive understanding of English grammar for writing (with tons of examples)
- Structure outlines for English essays; perfect for IELTS, TOEFL, GMAT, and TOEIC essays!
- Avoid the most common writing mistakes, including punctuation, grammar, and style issues
- Understand how to use active and passive voice, as well as modifiers, verbs, adjectives, and more
- Find your unique style through exercises that will teach you how to play with English writing
- Use dynamic and vivid language to persuade, describe, clarify, motivate... anything you want!
- Reduce misunderstandings and awkward situations caused by sloppy writing
- Turn the skills in this course into automatic habits with powerful writing exercises
- Master new sentence patterns to build creative sentences for any purpose
- And more!
- A desire to learn and a positive attitude
- Some way to take notes and make examples
What you write is often the first impression people have of you.
If you don’t know how to write clearly and naturally in English, you will likely be judged based on that. It won’t matter how smart you are or how well you speak English; they can’t see those things because your awkward writing gets in the way.
So, how do you want people to judge you?
This course is essential for anyone who needs to write better. By the end of the course, you will learn how to express your thoughts in writing clearly and naturally, without awkward sentences, bad grammar, or unclear syntax.
Each lesson in this course focuses on a specific skill or approach. Methodically, as you move through the curriculum, you will learn about the fundamentals of strong writing (which are not hard to learn). You’ll master grammatical structures for conveying ideas, describing things, making a point, supporting an idea, and ensuring that paragraphs flow naturally from one sentence to the next. And of course, you will master the usage of style and form in writing, as well as tips for structuring sentences of different lengths and styles. That’s where syntax comes in. If you don’t understand how to use good syntax, you simply cannot write well. It’s that simple.
This course is filled with examples. That means, everything you learn in the course is backed up by real-life examples that will give you an intuition for the skills you’re learning, which is essential! The result: Rock-solid habits that you'll be able to use without having to think about it. Automatic writing habits!
Maybe you’re working on an English cover letter, or you want to express yourself more clearly in work emails. Perhaps, you’re planning to take an English exam, like the IELTS, TOEFL, GMAT, or TOEIC, which all require very strong English essay-writing skills. This course will give you the skills to handle any of these, and more. A whole section of this course is dedicated specifically to writing English essays, including how to structure paragraphs and the process for building and using outlines. The essay section is also loaded with prompts to practice your essay skills.
In addition to all the skills and methods you’ll master along the way, I have included exercises that will help you reach what I call ‘automatic’ skills. When you're writing something, you shouldn't have to try to remember what you learned in "some course on writing you took six months ago". Everything. Should. Be. Automatic. The exercises shared toward the end of the course, as well as lesson practice challenges throughout the course, will help you achieve that ‘automatic’ level.
Well, what are you waiting for?
If you are ready to master English writing once and for all, sign up for the course!
I will see you in the first lesson.
Who this course is for:
- English learners who often need to write for work or school
- Those preparing the the essay section of exams like IELTS and TOEFL
- Professionals who find that their writing doesn't have the impact it should
- This course is not intended for native English speakers
Hi. My name is Luke.
I'm the founder of Cloud English. I've been teaching English for years, and over that time I've discovered powerful language learning methods that make learning English much easier and more effective. My courses have helped thousands of people become more fluent in English.
My courses will help you:
- Become more confident in English conversations
- Master English vocabulary, phrases, and expressions
- Take your English pronunciation and fluency to the next level
- Improve your English listening skills
- Think in English when you're speaking English
- Sound natural saying exactly what you mean
Here, you can find courses on business English, American English slang, American English pronunciation, common English idioms (useful for IELTS and TOEFL), and more!
I use a split screen presentation style for my courses. You will be able to see both my face and a digital blackboard. It's a great way to learn!