Master the English Language
What you'll learn
- How to identify and use the parts of speech confidently and correctly
- How to identify and use the different types of phrase and clause
- How to identify and employ different rhetorical devices, not only in your writing, but also in your speech
- How to enhance and expand both your grammar and your vocabulary
- How to express yourself with more variety, clarity, and originality
- An intermediate level of English is desired
- A passionate enthusiasm for grammar is required
This English Language course includes the following:
Downloadable lectures on grammar, punctuation, and rhetoric (British teacher, 20 years' experience)
Advanced lectures on how to identify and use determiners, nouns, verbs, conjunctions, adjectives, adverbs, prepositions, commas, colons, semicolons, apostrophes, hyphens, and rhetorical devices
196-page ebook that contains supplementary exercises on the above-mentioned themes. The ebook uses exerts from Frankenstein (Mary Shelley), 1984 (George Orwell), Animal Farm (George Orwell), and Lord of the Flies (William Golding) to test your understanding of the role that phrases, clauses, and parts of speech play in punctuation and rhetoric.
An analysis of the punctuation guidelines for academic English and for literature
An analysis of the range of phrases and clauses that all writers use, including absolute phrases, participle phrases, appositives, gerund phrases, to-plus-infinitive phrases, adjectival phrases, adverbial phrases, subordinate clauses, relative clauses, and main clauses.
An analysis of a variety of literary devices that writers use, including alliteration, assonance, oxymoron, anaphora, epistrophe, anadiplosis, chiasmus, antimetabole, epanalepsis, mesodiplosis, and many more.
All questions answered promptly (within 24 hours) in the Q and A section
Lifetime membership (more lessons and resources added every month)
By the end of the course, you will be able to identify and to explain the wide variety of phrases, clauses, and literary devices found in the literature. Armed with a precise comprehension of the sentence, you will develop not only a keen appreciation of the skill required to compose a work of fiction, but also a deep understanding of how to use the very same skills in your own written work.
Who this course is for:
- Native English Speakers (all levels)
- Intermediate to Advanced English Speakers
- Anyone who wants to know the precise function of words, phrases, and clauses
I'm an English teacher with 19 years of experience, and I offer online EFL classes for foreign students and grammar lessons for natives. I have a YouTube channel with more than 1000 English lessons that have been viewed more than 10 million times (MrSkypelessons), and I am the author of 2 English study guides. I have worked in schools, universities, and businesses all over Moscow, and I am a competent Russian speaker. I have also worked for the Department of Education, preparing English teachers (with online lessons) for grammar in the classroom.