Master Drools - Turn Complex Logic into Simple to Read Rules
What you'll learn
- program rules in Drools domain specific language
- detect problems and patterns in software development that are good to be solved with a rule engine like Drools
- decouple complex decision trees into individual simple to understand rules
We learn Drools DSL (Drools programming language) and see what kind of problems Drools works best with.
This course comes with a Java project that has all the code we look throughout this course. You are encouraged to run the code yourself to get better understanding.
We also cover some of the best practises when building rule engine like Drools.
After completing this course you are confident when to youse Drools in a project and how to write business rules in Drools DSL.
Who this course is for:
- Developers and system architects who need to understand what a rule engine is and which type of problems can be solved with it
- Anyone who needs to write rules in Drools DSL programming language
- Developers and system architects needing more info about adding Drools rule engine to their project
Since 2005 I have been working as a Java Developer / Solution Architect / CTO. I have created several in class courses and recently I moved to Udemy. I'm passionate about learning new technologies and explaining them in clear and understandable way. I'm a fan of domain specific languages - small programming languages that are designed for a specific task. For past year I have been involved with a project that heavily relies on utilising Drools Rule Engine.