Master Color in Photoshop CC
What you'll learn
- Useful application of the Color Theory and color schemes in enhancing color in your artwork
- Working with the color picker tool to control and manipulate color in your photos
- How to confidently work with Masks and Adjustment Layers
- Applications of the most powerful, non-destructive Photoshop techniques that target color grading, starting from RAW conversion
- Best practices for performing a classic portrait edit workflow with professional Photoshop techniques
- Tips and time-saving techniques to rely on when you are processing your images
- Implementation of free online tools to design beautiful, effective color combinations
- Ideally Photoshop CC, trial free version is more than enough
- No prior knowledge of Photoshop is necessary, I will explain all the techniques in a simple way
- We will work with high quality images provided as supplementary materials to help you move on even faster!
Learn to make conscious artistic decisions to enhance your artwork, based on color theory. Discover the role that color plays in photography and other branches of the visual arts. Dive into the basic properties of color, the principles of color harmony, and learn how to rely on the color wheel to create more dynamic works of art. Examine the cultural meaning of color, its emotional impacts, and how color helps imbue compositions with visual weight.
Sharpen Your Skills
Understand Color Intuitively
Learn useful guidelines, traditional color schemes, and how to create a pallet that will direct viewer’s attention and enhance a sense of atmosphere in your images.
Working With Color
Gain a better understanding of hue, saturation, brightness, tone, shade, and tint. Explore the color wheel - primary, secondary, and tertiary colors, and make an image “pop” with complementary color harmonies.
Gauging Color Temperature
Explore color temperature settings to describe indoor and outdoor light, and how to rely on kelvins to know whether your photograph will end up with a cool, warm, or neutral color scheme.
Discover the dimensions of color, including value contrast, hue contrast, and saturation contrast, and how to use each to create depth and interest in your images.
Learn the ways color is affected by light and its direction, and the advanced photo editing techniques you can use to develop the balance and beauty in your work.
Powerful Color Grading
Follow through a complete color grading exercise designed to put color theories into action. Learn to dramatically enhance portraits with complementary and harmonious colors, building warmer, more impactful images.
Who this course is for:
- Take this course if you are curious about color grading techniques behind striking portraits
- Take this course to learn about the role that color plays in a medium of photography
- Take the course to learn how to fix typical color related issues
- Take this course to learn the basis of Color Theory
- Take this course if you want to learn in detail powerful and flexible Photoshop techniques to improve your photos
- Take this course if you are an artist and would like to introduce digital techniques in your creative process
- Take this course if you want to develop artistic skills in fields of creative photo processing
- Take this course if you love photography!
Like you, I’m an artist. I’m passionate about creating personal, meaningful and captivating artwork. I love the freedom of the medium, as it allows - and perhaps encourages - unexpected moments that are both surprising and delightful.
Your vision is unique, and my goal is to assist you on your path to realize your artistic dreams. It’s my mission to support and nourish your talent with the tools necessary to take your photography to the next level. Sharing my experience and helping you develop your visual language helps me evolve as a teacher and enriches me as a human being.
I consider myself extremely lucky to be able to interact with people all over the world who share the same passion as me. It’s honestly my greatest thrill and source of fulfillment to foster the growth and development of the DAC community of photographers.
A born-and-raised Polish girl with a passion for artistic self-expression and adventure, I trained at the Eugeniusz Geppert Academy of Art and Design in Wroclaw, Poland and graduated with a Master of Fine Arts in 2003. Photography has been my medium of choice for 20 years, starting in darkrooms and now, in the digital space. I am a featured photography skills teacher on several prominent online educational platforms and am thrilled that over 70,000 students from 183 countries around the world have joined my courses and developed their photography skills with me. It’s a great honor and delight to be engaged in this work — and it’s the best way I know of to make friends on all seven continents! As you can probably tell, I’m an obsessive learner who spends time watching, reading, photographing, editing, creating and selling educational courses.
Thank you for taking the time to visit. I’m happy we’re connected and I’m excited for the journey ahead.