Master Cake Baking: The Complete Introduction
- No prior baking skills required. This course is perfect for someone who has never baked a cake from scratch.
- A stand mixer or hand mixer will be necessary to complete the majority of recipes in this course.
- Some other small kitchen tools will be required, however most of them you may already have.
There is so much joy that comes from scratch baking and pulling that perfect cake out of the oven.
Have you always wanted to learn how to bake a cake that has the right balance of flavor, moisture, and texture?
Then this is the course for you!
This class provides all of the information you will need to get started in the kitchen and on your way to baking cakes. It's packed full of instructional videos, written lectures, and downloadable recipes.
There are 7 valuable recipes:
- Almond Butter Cake
- Vanilla Butter Cake
- Chocolate Olive Oil Cake
- Carrot Cake
- Classic American Sponge
- Genoise Sponge
- Simple Syrup
There are lessons on the history of different types of cakes so that you will not only impress your friends with skills, but also knowledge. Baking carries a rich background around the world and helps to build an appreciation of learning the art.
Whether you are a complete beginner, want to start a career in the pastry industry, or just want to make your cakes a little bit better, this course will set you up for success!
Who this course is for:
- Beginner bakers who have never baked a cake before.
- Anyone who wants a professional look at cake baking.
- Passionate individuals who may be interested in a career in baking and pastry arts.
- Professionals who may already decorate cakes, but would like to learn the baking side of production.
- Bakers searching for tested recipes that work well and taste great every time.
- Anyone who wants to be a better home baker to share with friends and family.
- Bakery and pastry purveyors looking for new menu items.
- Welcome to the Course03:05
Food is the thing that connects us all. From the people who painstakingly grow our food to the hard workers that prepare the food to the billions of people that consume it. Whether we realize it or not, aside from all of our differences, it's what makes us all the same in some way. We need it for survival, use it for an income, and love it for all of it's nourishment and joy, Making food for other people has always been, and will always be, a great passion and source of fulfillment for me. I love what it represents in its entirety and I also love the simple fact that I can make someone smile just by handing them a slice of cake.
I’m a professional kitchen veteran turned enthusiastic teacher. After 15 years of hard work in restaurants and bakeries, I pursued my passion for education.
With no knowledge about cameras or video editing, I embarked on a 3 year journey to build an online business that has served over 30,000 students worldwide.
Along with my career change came major lifestyle changes and an increased awareness for global impact. What started out as a few online courses in baking and pastry has now grown into more earth friendly baking tutorials that are accessible to an even greater number of students.
My goal is to offer an accessible pastry education that is framed around the ethics of equality and sustainability.